"Create, customize, and battle your friends with an elite and hilarious ninja clan!."
Ninja Warz is a Facebook Fighting Game
developed by Broken Bulb Game Studios in which players own NINJA mooks
and fight other players using their clan. The game involves Inevitable Tournament
, Shops (Relic, Weapon, Ninja), a Hospital, and a Dojo. Also, a few number of mini-games
At the begining of the game, you start off by picking your clan. You can choose the Fire, Lotus, or Shadow Clan. Each have their own "advantages" but equiptment will ultimately determing the characteristics of your clan.
This game provides examples of:
- Awesome but Impractical: Plus this. Some of the weapons in the game include a wreath, a lunchbox, nunchaku with a scythe on the end, and bladed tonfa.
- Big Ball of Violence: This is how you fight.
- Bilingual Bonus: This game has a suprisingly large amount of Shown Their Work.
- For example, there is a to-do scroll with "things to do" in hiragana. (Note: the "to do" is in informal form.)
- There's a series of fans that have the Kanji for Fire, Earth, and Water. On the Emerald Scimitar the Kanji for soil/earth is at the base of the blade.
- There's a boss whose name is Tondeiru Josei, "Tondeiru" is the present form of "tobu" meaning to jump, referencing what she does before battle. Her sister Heikinteki Josei share the last name "Josei" which means "female".
- Gratuitous Japanese: Tondeiru Josei's sword is called "Daikatana" which is an alternate reading of 太and刀, typically read "Tachi"
- Blatant Lies: Crowning Moment of Jerkassery, there is now a sign on your little island that says "Free Karma". Then it links you to their buy "karma window"
- They changed it to "Get Karma"
- It's free, you just have to pay for it first.
- Breath Weapon: Genbu shoots energy beams from his mouth.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Karma costs money.
- Casting a Shadow
- Chainsaw GOOD: A Chainsaw used to be a weapon. It has since been discontinued.
- Colour Coded Elements: Every magic spell has background indicating the "element." Light Blue is Wind, Blue is Water, Purple is green, Yellow is Lightning, Red-orangeish is Fire, and Earth and Wood are green.
- Dishing Out Dirt:
- Do-Anything Robot: Genbu comes back with Frickin' Laser Beams, missles, and gattling gun.
- Double Weapon: The Dragon Tongue for instance.
- Dual Wielding: Some weapons come in pairs, such as the Chaos Blades.
- Edible Bludgeon: There are many food weapons such as Leeks, Fried Shrimp, and Pocky.
- Evolving Weapon: Every clan has one.
- Experience Point
- Extra Ore Dinary: The spell "Kunai Storm" could be considered this, but the background indicates Shadow element
- Feudal Overlord: Your benevolent Daimyo is clan leader and manager accoutant. He gives you gold and karma every 4 hours. Gives gold to opponents when they beat you; he awards it when you win (including tournaments). He is also a big statue.
- Flaming Sword: There's a small series of Fire-based like weapons, but there is a sword that appears to be made of magma.
- Floating Continent: More like a village.
- Game Breaker: Karma can be considered this.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: An Award is named "Bros Before..." and "That's What She Said"
- Green Thumb:
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny: Your Daimyo is a Golden Statue, he sparkles when you are eligible for a karma/gold bonus
- Hidden Weapons: Averted, everyone can see your weapons. And you're ninjas.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: The Fire Clan wears red.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: In a Mini-Game you take down invading hot air balloons with shuriken
- Improbable Weapon User: Too many to name. Although, you could fight with a cowboy moustache for a while.
- Joke Item: Plenty
- Katanas Are Just Better: Averted
- Knife Nut: Your ninjas, as there are plenty of knives to choose from.
- Kukris Are Kool: They are and you can used them.
- Kyu and Dan Ranks: Used in conjunction with levels. You gain a belt rank for every so many levels.
- Rank Inflation: Thank God this is averted. The highest belt rank you can obtain is roughly a 4th or 5th degree black belt.
- Karma Meter: Karma in this game is similar to Gaia Cash in Gaia Online.
- Lethal Joke Item: For a while one of the best items in the game was a string of Christmas lights.
- Life Meter:
- Mana Meter: Subverted. There is magic, but you buy it with Tokens or Karma.
- Machete Mayhem:
- Making a Splash:
- Mêlée à Trois: The three main clans are The Fire Clan, The Lotus Clan and The Shadow Clan.
- Named Weapons: Every weapon is named, even if it's just "Splintery Hammer"
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: You fight Zombie Ninjas.
- Petal Power: Many relics have a flower in their name, and on the actual relic.
- Player Versus Player: Aside from bosses this the only method of battle.
- Playing with Fire:
- Shout-Out: Oh God, where to begin...
- In Awards, "Why So Blue?", Enter the Konami Code to unlock a relic and award, "Fatality!", "Oompa Loompa Doompadee Doo", and Dirty Dozen.
- Sinister Scythe: One creepily named, Harvester.
- Stock Weapon Names: A huge number of names were used from that stock. Most notably is their version of Kusanagi.
- Take Over the World: Word of God says this what you are trying to do.
- The Four Gods: Interestingly, only Genbu makes an appearence.
- Super-Deformed: Every Ninja in-game and the Josei sisters. Most notably is Genbu as he appears on Heikinteki's lunchbox as moe as can be.
- Unbreakable Weapons: Every weapon cannot break.
- Weaponized Animal: A Relic called "Ferret's Tooth"
- What Could Have Been: There was a Mini-Game, where the player used a sword to block incoming shuriken. Mostly scrapped due to difficulty
- Wind is Green: averted
- Whip It Good: There are plenty of them and invoke some flail too.
- Wolverine Claws:
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Ninja Warz