This is a movie starring Maggie Q that follows a young girl, Charlene, who is kidnapped and taken to an island with other little girls by the mysterious Madam M to be trained as assassins, and the investigation of said organization by CIA operative Jack Chen.
This movie provides examples of:
- Action Girl - Charlene
- Affably Evil - Madam M
- The Bechdel Test - Charlene and Katherine's conversations give this film a passing grade
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique - The assassins have many ways of killing people, but their signature move involves pulling out the target's spinal cord. At first, it looks like the move takes a bit of time. Later, the assassins are doing it in the middle of a firefight.
- That's nothing, in the climax Charlene kills the Big Bad by throwing him and performing the move while he's flying through the air in bullet-time.
- Deadly Graduation - After years of assassin training, Madam M has half of the trainees take out the other half. Then the next day, the survivors compete to the death until only one is standing. Madam M ultimately changes her mind and spares the last surviving three.
- Femme Fatale - This film is essentially one part Femme Fatale Murder, Inc., one part Training from Hell
- Fridge Logic - Kidnapping forty children and spending years imprisoning and training them, only to kill off all but a few? This can't possibly be a cost-effective way to run Murder, Inc..
- Gratuitous Rape - The surviving assassins are subjected to this by the men working for Madam M.
- Honey Trap - How the assassins get close to their marks.
- Murder, Inc. - Madam M's organization is supposedly a notoriously effective one of these.
- Professional Killer - What the girls in this film are being trained to become.
- Slipping a Mickey - Madam M does this to her surviving assassins. Aforementioned Gratuitous Rape soon follows.
- Training from Hell - During their years of training, nearly all of the girls will be brutally killed.
- The Vamp - One of the skills the assassins are specifically trained to utilize.
- Would Hurt a Child - Madam M