Musical Slapstick Montage
A favorite of movies and movie trailers, this is a montage in which various characters get hurt in various ways, the "ouch" moments falling right on the beat of a fast-paced (usually classical) musical piece — or "Yakety Sax" — such as The Cancan Song or Sabre Dance.
- WALL•E has a sequence in which a love-struck WALL•E tries to impress Eve, to the somewhat-unlikely accompaniment of Louis Armstrong's "La Vie en Rose".
- Space Chimps.
- Madagascar, Surf's Up, and The Wild.
- America's Funniest Home Videos.
- The Benny Hill Show uses now-Standard Snippet "Yakety Sax", and a very fast-paced version of "Fur Elise".
- Part of the end credit sequence from God Hand.
- Phelous enjoys using "The Gonk" from Dawn of the Dead for this purpose, editing together several clips from whatever he's reviewing.
- In the Beetlejuice episode "It's A Big, Big, Big, Big, Ape", Beetlejuice invokes one of these to cross a stretch of dangerous jungle.
- Tom and Jerry.