open/close all folders
- Both the opening and closing are music videos for the girls' band.
- Done again in the movie at the end.
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya- Hare Hare Yukai is an example of the dance variety of this trope
- Lucky Star's open is another one.
- Kodomo no Omocha
- Pokémon has had a few ending songs like this, combining this trope with the Image Song.
- Maemuki Roketto Dan (Team Rocket)
- Polka o Dolka (Meowth)
- The eighth Naruto Shippuden ending, Bacchikoi, is sung and danced by Lee, Naruto, Guy, Sakura, Ino and Hinata.
- The end credits of The Reflection has silhouettes of the real-life members of idol group 9nine dancing to the song "SunSunSunrise".
- For Your Eyes Only: the only James Bond film where the singer of the theme (Sheena Easton) actually sings during the credit sequence.
- The Pink Panther series combines this with an Animated Credits Opening, in which the animated panther dances to the theme song during the opening credits.
- My Best Friend's Wedding starts out with an opening credits sequence that might as well be a music video for "Wishin' and Hopin'": a bride and her bridesmaids (not any of the film's stars) dance around a monochrome (pink) backdrop.
- The sequence is directly referenced in the Brazilian movie Zoando na TV. In that case, the bride in question is the main character.
Live Action TV
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had a "TV size" Will Smith music video for the open.
- All in the Family: "Boy, the way Glenn Miller played..."
- Averted (strangely enough) in The Monkees.
- The "Five O'Clock World" and "Cleveland Rocks" openings for The Drew Carey Show.
- Sesame Street (even moreso recently; the open from 2000-on was actually made to look very music video-like.)
- That '70s Show. The main characters are singing along with the theme music playing through a car stereo.
- Disgaea 2 was a fairly straightforward music video animated opening with a few sight gags for humor, but Disgaea 3 took it to levels of precision parody, channeling Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya so well that if you weren't familiar with those series you'd think that it's a straight example.
- Family Guy
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force
- Disney's Hercules TV show (with the Muses, no less)
- Most of the Tom Ruegger produced Kids' WB! shows had one of these, involving the entire cast.
- The theme for The Simpsons Movie was shown as being performed by Green Day at a concert in the movie.
- The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, during its second season