Also known as Uninhabited Planet Survive
, or Planet Survival
. The story is set in a distant future, where Earth has become uninhabitable, and therefore people live in colonies on the surrounding planets.
On a school field trip, a mistake causes the protagonist, a young New Transfer Student
named Luna, her pet robot
, and six of her classmates to be thrown through a gravity storm and crash land on a seemingly uninhabited planet. There, with Luna as their leader, the robot cat Chako, the Troubled, but Cute
lone wolf Kaoru, the spoiled rich boy
Howard, the shy Meganekko
Sharla, the obedient Gentle Giant
Bell, the prideful musician Ojou
Menori and the young boy genius
Shingo must fight for their survival, meeting a little alien child nicknamed Adam along the way.
This anime series contains examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Survive.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Menori starts as a teenage version, but starts defrosting as the story unfolds.
- All Planets Are Earth-Like: Of course
- Always a Bigger Fish: When Howard, Luna and Menori are cornered by a Giant Lizard thing, an even bigger monster, now somewhat looking like an elephant and luckily for the trio NOT wanting them for lunch, come along and chases off the Giant Lizard thing.
- Butt Monkey: Howard
- Cyborg: Bob.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Brindo.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Menori.
- Disappeared Dad: Luna's deceased father
- Expy: Quite a few.
- Face Palm: Kaoru uses this after Tako stupidly crashes a transport ship.
- Fail O'Suckyname: Chako considered it, after she asked Luna to name her. But since Luna was depressed from her mother's death at the time and almost started to cry, Chako accepted the name.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Shingo.
- Gentle Giant: Bell. Yes, being taller than everyone else counts.
- Gratuitous English: They use many English terms in the fields of IT, space technology and sports.
- Green Aesop: Humans fucked up Earth's ecosphere.
- Gynoid: Chako is, according to herself, "a girl": She is voiced by a woman and her fur casing is pink.
- Heroic Sacrifice: How Luna's father saved her.
- Humanoid Aliens: Adam and his parents
- Man-Eating Plant: Luna and Sharla run into a giant alien venus fly trap with big teeth and tentacles during their first excursion into the planet's forest.
- Mega Corp.: Howard's father is the owner of the space colony the heroes live in, and own mining corporations in Pluto.
- Meganekko: Sharla. Shingo is a male one.
- Missing Mom: Menori's mother is dead, and Howard does NOT get along with his mom
- Non-Human Sidekick: Chako, Tako for sometime, and to a lesser extent, Adam.
- The Ojou: Menori
- Overly Long Name: Adam (Alduram Gyet) and Tako (Tswarkum). Both not really that long, but still hard to spell.
- Parental Abandonment: Oh, booooy...
- Psychic Powers: Luna is an empath, which allows her to connect better with Adam.
- Recycled In SPACE: This is, at least until the end of the three prisoners' arc, Jules Verne 's Two Years' Vacation IN THE 22ND CENTURY... AND IN SPACE!
- Red Headed Heroine: Luna
- Rich Bitch: Howard is a male example of this trope. He gets better.
- Scholarship Student: Luna
- Shrinking Violet: Sharla
- Shorttank: Luna, again.
- Shout-Out: Howard, inspired by the winter and the food shortage, said in his sleep the phrase that's commonly mis-attributed to Marie Antoinette: "If they have no bread, let them eat cake!". Next night, he answered his own question: "There's no cake either!"
- Survivor Guilt: Kaoru, after what happened to his rival Louis.
- Team Mom: Menori, again.
- The Power of Friendship: This anime lives and breathes this trope.
- Three-Laws Compliant: Chako isn't quite compliant, since she tried to attack Howard, after he called her a coward. Her listening to Luna is based on mutual affection as friends and not on any kind of obedience programming.
- Thrown Out the Airlock: Kaoru's rival Louis.
- Troubled, but Cute: Kaoru
- True Companions
- Twenty Minutes into the Future — The story is settled in 22th century.
- Whip It Good: Zilba. Combined with Shock and Awe and Psycho Electro, as her whip is electrical and she enjoys torturing people with it.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Sharla, particulary at the beginning.