A description of this work is needed!
This series features examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Johnny Five-Aces (Type III sliding into Type II as he became a bigger part of the series)
- Rex Starlight has moments of this as well.
- Ascended Extra: Johnny Five-Aces
- Badass Creed: "By the hammer of Thrain! By the gems of Saint Rogar!"
- Dating Catwoman: Morman and Celestia are both on the same side of the fight against Namrom and are unambiguous "good guys"; however, they are virulent political opponents, Morman advocating democracy and populism and Celestia wishing to reinstate the Space Aristocracy run by her late father. Perhaps "Dating Sarah Palin" would be more apt.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Some of the sillier elements of the original series, like Rex having octopus tentacles, were abandoned fairly quickly.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Johnny Five-Aces is by far the series' most popular character despite beginning as a minor recurring character of no importance.
- Face-Heel Turn: Rex Starlight 30 years into the future.
- Fallen Hero: Rex Starlight
- Femme Fatale: Snakey Purplehairchick
- Five-Man Band:
- Jerk With A Heartof Gold: Johnny Five-Aces
- Killed Off for Real: Lucas Firebeast
- Loveable Rogue: Johnny Five-Aces
- Retcon: During the zenith of Johnny's popularity, a writer introduced a piece of backstory that had him and Celestia being ex-lovers. No one thought this was a good idea and that storyline vanished from existence.
- More famously, Rex Starlight's tentacles.