is a browser-based MMORPG
In the game, you play a monkey in the world of Ook, which is inhabited by other talking monkeys
. The premise is that the Big Bad
Ka has come back after being defeated by the Monkey King, eons ago. Like any other role playing game, you level up by doing quests and defeating monsters.
- Allegedly Free Game: You can't unlock higher level areas without paying for them, or having a 24-hour guest pass from people who have payed for memberships. Some users have gotten their monkeys up to high levels by doing the daily quests repeatedly, however.
- Anti-Grinding: Shadow monsters give less and less experience as you become more powerful, until defeating one only gives one experience point.
- Big Bad: Ka, although he hasn't made a direct appearance.
- Boss Battle: Averted. There's only Arenas or beefed-up versions of regular enemies that you must defeat for quests. Either aren't very difficult at all.
- No longer averted. With the introduction of the Ice Raiders tribe, a new quest at the end of that tribe's questline will have you fight Foulbreath the Troll.
- Civilized Animal: The monkeys of Ook, and the talking Octopi/Crocodiles/Snakes/Spiders that inhabit the various lands.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Um, duh?
- Far East: The Chim Foo Path, a land of fire-breathing dragons, sakura trees, rooftop ninja tricks, wise kung-fu masters, and pandas you can bounce on.
- Fetch Quest: A lot of them, in every trail.
- Frothy Mugs of Water: The "Courage Juice" drank by the Sea Dragons.
- Giant Spider: The Rachnoid Queen is a friendly example of this.
- Global Currency: Bananas.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: Actually, it's a chameleon.
- Hollywood Voodoo: The Ootu mystics, with a pinch of Magical Native American thrown in with the incorporation of dreamcatchers.
- Money for Nothing: You can find bananas floating in the air on all trails. It's just a simple matter of catching it.
- Non-Human Sidekick: The pets you can buy from Mogri's pet shop.
- Oxygen Meter: Especially prevalent in the Sea Dragons areas.
- Pandaing To The Audience: The Pandas that are used as trampolines in the Chim Foo areas and Aura the literally giant panda.
- Rewarding Vandalism: By breaking barrels and jars, you can find crafting ingredients.
- Springs Springs Everywhere: Drums, pandas, octopi, and frogs are all utilized as trampolines in Ook. The yet-as-unreleased viking area has animal-skin trampolines outside its entrance.
- Temple of Doom: Several of the Crossroads trails, especially the Lost Temple, are this.
- Temporary Platform: Any platforms you need to use your scrying orb on, although it's easy to recharge them by using the scrying orb repeatedly.
- Timed Mission: The Arenas.
- Vendor Trash: It's all too common to get the same crafting recipe over and over again from arena treasure chests. This especially applies for non-members who only have access to free areas and accumulate the same low-level items.
- Wallet of Holding: You can have as much bananas as you can collect and they never go bad or weigh you down.
- We Buy Anything: You can sell crafting items, potions, and unwanted clothing wherever there's a vendor.