This occurs only when the action is taking place underwater. Half of the time, when anyone does anything, bubbles will appear around them for no apparent reason. Always. This makes absolutely no sense. There are a few reasons:
- The characters are usually way below the surface, where no air should logically be.
- There is no reason that simply waving a hand around should produce bubbles on the ocean floor.
- The Little Mermaid: Absolutely everything that anyone does causes bubbles to trail their movements. Especially in the songs.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Not used as much, but bubbles still appear a lot when the sea creatures move.
- Happens all the time with Aquaman.
- Any cartoon adaptations of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are prone to this.