Minigore is an app for the iPod Touch/iPhone, developed by Mountain Sheep. Set in Hardland, Minigore is a twin-stick shooter game where you play as John Gore (and many other characters), who must survive as long as he can against the onslaught of Furries (no, not that kind of Furry
), using only guns.
A sequel, Minigore 2: Zombies
, came out in early December 2012 and has most of the characters and objects seen in the page picture on the right.
This series provides examples of:
- Action Bomb: Fur Bombs.
- Action Dad: John Gore of course.
- An Axe to Grind: A melee weapon, which is also the primary weapon of the lumberjacks.
- Asteroids Monster: Big and Medium-sized Furries will divide into smaller Furries on death. The Wormwolf's main schtick is that if it loses it's head or a segment breaks off, it will grow into another one. In Minigore 2, a giant monster rabbit will split into several smaller bunnies.
- Ax-Crazy: The lumberjacks. Literally!
- Baa Bomb: "SHEEP LAUNCHER!"
- Badass: Everyone is this, really.
- Badass Grandpa: Jerry, Grandpa Gore and Sensei Evan.
- Badass Santa: Santa is a playable character.
- Big Bad: Dr. Metusalem in Minigore 2.
- Blood Knight: John Gore, naturally.
- Cloudcuckoolander: John, Jerry, Santa and Bike Baron.
- Cluster S-Bomb: Often done by John Gore.
- Cossacks: "It's the undead Cossack Army!"
- Crapsack World: Hardland, a country swarming with furries, zombies, mutants and wildlife having a penchant for human blood? Don't get your hopes up.
- Drop the Hammer: Another melee weapon. Also wielded by the zombified Cossack Giant.
- Dual Wielding: "DUAL WIELDING!"
"Two is better than one!"
- Endless Game: The game doesn't end until you die. Cue the sequel though...
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Emperor Penguin.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: In the sequel.
- Evil Chef: Chef Gordon (no, NOT that Gordon) and his mooks.
- Four-Leaf Clover: Collecting three four-leaf clovers will turn you into a minotaur/other monster (depending on the character), which grants you temporary invincibility.
- Frankenstein's Monster: The Monstrosity and the Easter Bunny, both created by Dr. Metusalem.
- Giant Mook: The above-mentioned chef, as well as a Lumberjack Giant, a monstrous giant rabbit and even a Cossack Giant.
- Guest Fighter: Zombieville Guy, Hook Champ, Lizzy, Ninja Man, Bike Baron and Enviro-Bear.
- Guns Akimbo
- High Pressure Blood
- Husky Russkie: The Cossack General.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The chefs are implied to be this.
- Infernal Retaliation: At night and as the game becomes more difficult, flaming furries start to appear.
John: *picking up a shotgun or grenade launcher* "I'm glad that wasn't a damn flamethrower. That just makes more Fire Furries!"
- In the Blood: Badassery seems to be a class feature of the Gores.
- Killer Rabbit
- King Mook: The Cossack General.
- Knife Nut: The chefs, the smaller Cossacks and Domovoi.
- Large And In Charge: The Cossack General again.
- Little Miss Badass: Jenny Gore.
- A Load of Bull: When you collect three four-leaf clovers, John and Jerry will turn into minotaurs.
- The Lost Woods: Dark Forest.
- Mad Bomber: The Cossack General, as well as Sensei Evan.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: Wormwolf.
- More Dakka
- Never Mess with Granny: Grandma Gore.
- Off with His Head!
- Papa Wolf: John Gore. Seriously, do not ever harm or mess with his daughter Jenny in front of him.
- Rated M for Manly
- Punny Name: Minigore is most likely named after Mini Golf.
- Segmented Serpent: Wormwolf, again.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Jerry Gore.
- Shows Damage: Your character will show damage when he/she gets hurt. This happens for every time you get hurt until you die.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: John Gore himself.
- Slasher Smile: Dead Jester.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Snow Forest, which is also part The Lost Woods.
- Sociopathic Hero
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill
- Thirteen Is Unlucky: Inverted. On Normal difficulty, the first clover always appears when your score reaches thirteen.
- Trigger Happy
"Enough to kill anything that moves!"
"Time to bring out the heavy artillery!"
"I want this for Christmas!"
- Villain Protagonist
- World of Badass
- World of Chaos