The Mii is a digital avatar used for the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS.
- Audience Surrogate
- Author Avatar: Miis of Nintendo employees are commonly seen during game traliers that use Miis.
- The Cameo: In some games, Miis only serve as background characters.
- Cartoon Conductor: On the Wii U browser, when the curtains are closed there's a chance that the Mii will twirl a baton.
- Cartoon Juggling: On the Wii U browser, when the curtains are closed, there's a chance that the Mii may juggle 3 colored balls. At the end, it throws the red ball in the air, spins, and then catch it in his hand.
- There's also a variation in which he fails doing this.
- Catching Some Z's: On the Wii U browser when the curtains are closed, there's a chance the Mii will do this, and then wake up and make a bashful expression.
- Character Customization
- Comical Angry Face: Whenever a Miiverse post has an anger emoticon selected, the Mii will stomp it's left foot.
- Comic Relief: A common purpose for Miis.
- Couch Gag: On the Wii U, the player's Mii will do a different animation everytime the console starts up.
- Demoted to Extra: Miis serve as Wi-fi icons in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Development Hell: Nintendo had planned an avatar system since the Famicom era, but had no way to impliment it due to technical limitations. More info here.
- Dressed To Heal: In Dr. Mario Online Rx.
- Eyes Always Closed: One of the options for eyes.
- Heroic Mime: For the most part. But depending on the game, it can be Zig-Zagged.
- The first time a Mii could talk was in Mario Kart Wii, what voice depends on the color of the Mii's shirt.
- The Miis could talk again in Mario Kart 7, except they'll always have the same voice, regardless of the shirt.
- Miiverse posts can also count as talking, seeing how they move thier mouths on Wara Wara Plaza.
- Jack of All Stats: In Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, they all have 5/10 stars as stats.
- Limited Special Collector's Ultimate Edition: There are special QR Codes for the 3DS that makes the Miis wear gold pants. The QR codes can only be scanned once per system.
- Limited Wardrobe: Miis always seem to wear the same shirt, pants, and sometimes hat everyday.
- Again, it can be Zig-Zagged depending on the game.
- Myself My Avatar
- Nigh Invulnerability: If Pilotwings Resort is any indication, Miis can survive lava. Let that sink in.
- Painted On Pants: They seem to have these.
- Powerpuff Girl Hands
- Promoted To Playable: Averted, in Animal Crossing City Folk, the player can get a Mii mask at the salon, in case they hated the randomly selected face.
- Pull a Rabbit out of My Hat: Averted. On the Wii U browser, when the curtains are closed there's a chance that the Mii will pull a dove or a bouquet of flowers out of a hat.
- Punny Name: Much like how "Wii" is a pun on "we", the word "Mii" is a pun on "me".
- Raymanian Limbs: This happens to a Mii's arms in Wii Sports.
- Rival: To the Xbox 360's own avatar system called, um... well, Avatars.
- Rock-Paper-Scissors: There's a chance that the Mii will play this with the player when the curtains are closed on the Wii U browser, albiet using hold up signs with the symbols on them, because of the Powerpuff Girl Hands trope above.
- Say It with Hearts: On the Wii U browser, when the curtains are closed there's a chance that the Mii will sing, complete with musical notes coming out.
- Scannable Man: Via QR Codes on the 3DS.
- Uncatty Resemblance: The whole point of Miis.
- Virtual Paper Doll: Albiet limited.