Hyperactive British standup comic focusing on observational humour. Also a frequent guest on Panel Games
. Like Peter Kay
, is subject to a dissonance between being popular in the general public but hated by many critics for being 'too conventional
' or 'too safe'. His best known routines are probably the "Man Drawer" and his claim that skipping while swinging your arms gives you Super Speed
at the expense of looking a bit stupid.
List of subjective tropes is HERE
Contains examples of:
- Anthropomorphic Food: One of his bits is about different spices talking amongst themselves in a cupboard.
- Camp Straight: His usual manner, often lampshaded.
- Deadpan Snarker: Despite his usual hyperactive manner, he is given to moments of wry, sardonic wit.
Mother: I've heard that sex and curry can induce labour. Unfortunately, it kind of got me and my wife kicked out of the Raj King.
- Eye Tropes: Despite having no known East Asian ancestry, Mc Intyre has "Chinese eyes", which he sometimes mentions.
- I Am Very British
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Always wears a suit.
- That Came Out Wrong: An attempted 'innocently quirky joke reply' which came out as implying he was a paedophile:
Mother at playgroup: Which child is yours?
Mc Intyre: Oh, none of them.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Has a routine about this, trying to find a fake name for his child weird enough to stop people from automatically saying 'what a nice name' when told it, including "Adolf" and "Laser Child of Mine".