Metal Gear Solid 2 The Sons Of Abridgerty
The sequel to Metal Gear Solid The Abridged Snakes
, by LordQuadros
. Proposed as an April Fool's Day joke long before the first series was over, this series is nonetheless underway as a legitimate Abridged Series
This series provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Episode 0 gives us this discussion after it's revealed Liquid is taking part control of Ocelot via his arm.
"EVERY time this old bastard yanks his meat I'm the one who has to get in there! And do you know what he's thinking about when he does it? Our dad
- Ambiguously Gay: Snake. "We're here, we're queer... I mean, all for one and one fo- forget it." (walks away)
- As You Know: "Campbell" in Episode 1 explains the origins of the Big Shell, just as in the source material. Raiden has no idea why.
Again, these are things that everybody in the world knows...But go on...
- Bait and Switch: Episode 0 starts with the intro speech to Snake Eater instead of Snake's MGS2 intro, but starts up normally afterward.
- In the series proper, Raiden attempts a Snake impersonation during the beginning of Episode 1, but "Campbell" tells him to "Knock that shit off".
- Blatant Lies: Campbell's instant denial of any other intruders being in the base even though Raiden just saw him.
- Compressed Adaptation: it is an abridged series, after all. Still, it can be startling to see the entire Tanker half of the game squozen into exactly 481 seconds.
- The Cameo: Megami33 as Emma.
- Creator Couple: LordQuadros and Whip0fAlchemy
- Cut-and-Paste Translation: "Oh boy I can't wait to just automatically be at Strut A when the call ends."
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Raiden, eating gunpowder, murdering people, all played for funny.
- Idiot Ball: Snake points out how RAY, an anti-Metal Gear weapon, shouldn't be something they want to destroy.
Otacon: This means we're against ALL models of Metal Gear, regardless of whether we end up shooting ourselves in the foot.
- Raiden electrocuting himself simply because Campbell tells him to.
- Mind Screw: It's Metal Gear Solid 2, a competitor for Mind-Screwiest video game out there. Of course this gets lampshaded repeatedly, to the point of thr opening theme being Everything You Know Is Wrong.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Used by "Campbell" about the PRESIDENT, no less.
- No Fourth Wall: Par for the course; Raiden trains for his mission by watching The Abridged Snakes, hoping to avoid visual gags and awkward tangents. Considering the source material, it's unlikely this will help much.
- Once an Episode: "Metal Gear?!...There, I said it. Now nobody has to repeat it in the comments EVER again."
- "Stop saying Metal Gear!!"
- Only Sane Man: Zigzags. Raiden tried to keep track of all the crazy things happening but the counter ended up saying "FUCK THIS" but he has daft moments as well.
- Parrot Exposition: It is Metal Gear Solid.
Ocelot: "Stop saying Metal Gear!!"
- PermissionToX: "P-p-permission to freak out sir... Sir?
- Psychopathic Manchild: Metal Gear RAY
- The Scream: Raiden's reaction to being told he has to talk to Rose.
- Serious Business: Mc Phayckneighm's view on cardboard boxes.
- Shout-Out: Numerous; Episode 1 even starts with the definition of an Abridged Series found on this very site!
- Episode 0 has Ocelot gives his name via a Mother/Earthbound screen.
- Episode 8 has the theme of Snake Eater playing backwards while Raiden and Emma climb down a very long ladder, a reference to Naked Snake's own climb up.
- Sue Donym: Sudonimm McPhayckneighm
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: 'What are you implying? That I betrayed your father and killed him? Hah, what a ridiculous accusation. You're crazy, paranoid and dumb.'
- Take That: "Campbell" is not amused by Raiden's Snake imitation, and says that while everyone and their mother thinks they can do a good Snake voice, they ALL suck.
- Too Soon: Played with.
Chicknwings The guy's got more screws loose than a BP oil well.
Raiden Well yeah. It's 2009, and that hasn't even happened yet.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic: One of his songs, Everything You Know Is Wrong, is the opening theme.