A fan Mega Man
game created by Stealth and Liz Sama
for DOS/Windows/Linux PC, MACOS, PSP, and Wii, using Stealth's E02 game engine (which has thus-far been used to near-perfectly replicate the game play engines used in Mega Man 7, as well as the Sonic the Hedgehog series). As with Mega Man 7, it features a 16-bit art style
, but unlike Mega Man 7, it has three playable characters: Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass. All three characters have different abilities, which allow them to access different paths throughout the stages that are exclusive to each character. So far, Mega Man: Triple Threat is only a demo, and consists of a character select, stage select, an intro stage, and one Robot Master stage, complete with boss encounter.Here is the link
to the creator's page. Concept art for the game can be found here
- All Your Powers Combined: All Robot Masters have two themes.
- Big Bad: Dr. Ramano. Ostensibly.
- Dark Is Evil: Zaiaku Man. His name means "Sin Man", he looks like a demon and uses fire attacks, and his stage is filled with Yokai-themed enemies. He's also made by Dr. Wily.
- Development Hell: So far, there are no signs of the game being anywhere near completion. Justified in that 16-bit sprites are harder to draw than 8-bit.
- Fan Sequel: That's what this game really is in its essence.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Zaiaku Man is named for the Japanese word for Sin.
- Improbable Weapon User: The Kappa minibosses in Zaiaku Man's stage shoot exploding cucumbers from their heads at you.
- Light Is Not Good: Seraphim Woman is an angel robot who uses light attacks and wind. Strangely enough, she's made by Dr. Light.
- The Smurfette Principle: Seraphim Woman and Dr. Ramano are the only female characters in the game.