The man himself holding one of his most famous characters.
Manga artist and writer from Japan. Born December 6, 1953. Masami Kurumada has been responsible for several series:
- Rated M for Manly: Most of his stories tend to focus on the action and stoicism of the main characters, in a similar manner than stuff like Fist of the North Star. Oh yeah, there is also of blood and violence.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Just look at his photograph, then look at the tropes below, it's unimaginable.
- Reused Character Design: If it is a Masami Kurumada work, you can bet that it will have several characters who are identical to characters from the same work, characters from prior works, and characters from future works. Just to use one example, the main characters of all his most famous series, Kojiro from Fuma No Kojiro, Seiya from Saint Seiya, Sho from Silent Knight Sho,Teppei from B't X, and Ryuji from Ring Ni Kakero, all look basically identical. They all have the same hair-style, body type and attitude, to the point it makes you wonder if Kurumada seriously can't draw any other kind of protagonist.
- Shōnen: All his most famous works target this demographic.
- World of Ham: From the constant uses o Calling Your Attacks to the character's passionate declarations of their resolve to fight, to all the Hot-Bloodedness exhumed by the battles, Kurumada certainly has a passion for this trope.