And now we're jealous of a 10 year old.
"Hey-wai-don't touch me! DON'T HUG ME! I'm not a doll, you know! I can't breathe- *mggggfffh*"
One Head Taller
, with a few inches on top (and quite a few more in front
Usually found in anime or manga: a usually short, usually
male character becomes smooshed in the chest area of a taller female character. They get a cleavage cushion. A push-up pillow. A rack resting place. A maternal muffler
, you get the picture...
If she's Hot For Student
, she may use this as an initial seduction tactic, but most of the time, the hugger is unaware of (or unable to see) the implications of the situation. This is often done for pure Fanservice
value, but may also be used for comedy in one (or both) of two ways:
- The guy in question is a little too young or innocent to appreciate the situation, and is more embarrassed than enjoying it (especially when it happens in public). In certain cases, the boy may be just old enough to appreciate the situation, but not old enough to control either his reaction to it or his mortification at same.
- The poor boy is quite literally being smothered in the process, as the girl is really well-endowed.
Because of that last one, this is sometimes initiated from behind the victim instead, allowing both him to breathe and the audience to see his reaction better.
The name comes from a scene in Mahou Sensei Negima!
, where poor Negi nearly gets drowned when several girls do this to him at once while he was partly submerged. Poor, lucky bastard
. On occasion, this can overlap I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!
See also Funbag Airbag
, Thanks for the Mammary
. Not to be confused with Marshmallow Dream
. (However it's only a matter of time before they're mixed into one trope.)
open/close all folders
- In one Confused.com advert, Bertha puts Cara's face in hers.
Anime & Manga
- The huggee doesn't even to be human to invoke this trope. Sphinx, Index's pet kitty in A Certain Magical Index, gets to know Index's new friend Hyouka in a very close, soft kind of way. Sphinx seems taken aback by the whole thing, apparently preferring the flatness of his owner.
- In the "Fighting Wings" Special of Ah! My Goddess, Belldandy, of all people, does this to Keiichi when the latter is returning to consciousness after the battle with the Angel Eater and trying to get back on his feet. It is purely by accident, although it is still rather amusing to behold.
- Done often in Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai, between Sashi and miss Mune-Mune. Unfortunately, she's his grandmother.
- In Airmaster, Mina is the main offender, though Maki has some moments as well, thanks to Mina and Renge.
- In Axis Powers Hetalia, there's a strip where Hungary and Chibitalia share a bath and Hungary hugs "her" to her chest.
- Azumanga Daioh has a sort-of example with any scene where Sakaki hugs Maya (for those unaware, Maya is a cat).
- In episode 4 of the second season of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Shouko does this to Yuuji to confirm once and for all whether or not he really doesn't find her attractive. Though Yuuji feebly denies he is enjoying it, his Summon leaping for joy (the upgraded Summons speak and reveal their summoners' thoughts and repressed feelings) reveals that Shouko's physical charms are not lost on him.
- Berserk managed to play on this trope in a horrific and squicky manner. During the Eclipse, Band of the Hawk member Corkus managed to outrun the demons and was steadily losing himself, convincing himself that it's All Just a Dream. He found a naked woman nearby and promptly puts his head inbetween her ample breasts... only for the woman to shortly reveal that it's a nasty demon that has breasts and proceeds to devour him.
- Ciel twice in Ciel in Wonderland, a one-shot anime seemingly disconnected from the Black Butler anime. First by Paula, then Lan Mao, whom is a mushroom and her breast milk makes you grow or shrink depending on the size. Both incidents cause Ciel to squick.
- Rangiku will use her boobs as a weapon to cheer people up. She will regularly thrust her boobs into the chest-height Toushirou's face by way of greeting. It's also how they first met. In anime filler, she squashes Shouta into her chest as a punishment for being rude about her age. She also cradles a crying Orihime to her bosom while naked to comfort her.
- When Nel thinks she has defeated Nnoitra to save Ichigo, she gives Ichigo a big hug. He ends up squirming in pain from his massive injuries, the strength of her tight squeeze and the fact his face is suffocatingly buried in her massive bosom.
- Flashbacks to a century before the current timeline, reveal Byakuya is then a young boy who comes up to Yoruichi's chest. Yoruichi used to greet Byakuya by thrusting her boobs into his face. This used to amuse Byakuya about as much as Rangiku doing the same thing to Toushirou amuses him.
- When Nemu is ordered to pin down Uryuu so that Mayuri can administer experimental "medicine" to him, Nemu pins him down with her breasts. His screaming comes more from the invasion of his personal space than any thought of what Mayuri is planning to do. She does the same thing, for the same reason, to Ichigo in anime filler.
- When Ichigo is utterly distraught by Tsukishima brainwashing his family and friends, he ends up at Ikumi's house. Her reaction to his distress is to grab his head and push it into her large chest with an dramatic declaration that she'll look after him in a motherly way.
- In Blue Dragon, Stalker with a Crush Bouquet does this to Shu, which rather upsets Tsundere non-girlfriend Kluke.
- In Change 123, the main character (characters? it's confusing, the main character has 4 well, 5 personalities) is told that she cannot be a warrior because of the awkward mounds of flesh on her chest. She proceeds to attempt to smother the offender with them in an attempt to prove that they can be used as weapons.
- Chrono Crusade
- This happens with Chrono and Satella. In the manga, she does it on purpose, because of her shotacon complex and the fact that she was drunk at the time — Luckily, Chrono is Really 700 Years Old. In the anime, he accidentally faints from a fever and lands right into Satella's cleavage. Since in the anime Satella doesn't like little boys in that way, he gets punched in the face for his trouble. Later in the episode, Rosette faints into Satella's breasts, as well.
- Also in the manga, Azmaria bursts into tears and falls into Rosette's breasts while they're taking a shower together. Azmaria didn't mean this to be titillating in any way, but there's a good chance that Moriyama, the mangaka, did.
- Kimihito Kurusu from Daily Life with Monster Girl frequently suffers from this, especially by Miia and Centorea. More unique than other examples as his girls are not exactly human.
- Taken Up To Eleven in Chapter 29, when he found himself drowning between Cerea and her mother's breasts while they were making up after their duel.
- Mamoru Onodera of Deadline Summonner also suffers the same curse. It probably would have been enjoyable if he hadn't broken every single bone in his body, was in a full-body cast, and that his Battle Harem started one hell of a battle royale soon after.
- In Dennou Coil, Tamako hugs Haraken to her boobs, in order to calm him on his guilty feelings for Kanna's death.
- Detective Conan has multiple examples.
- When the rather nicely endowed Ran first meets the diminutive and very cute-looking Conan Edogawa, her first reaction is to scoop him up and declare him adorable. Conan/Shinichi's reaction is "H-Her breasts!" Unless you're watching the dub, in which the line is changed to, "That was close!"
- In a much later episode, Conan/Shinichi comes to on a motorcycle stuffed in his Biker Babe mother Yukiko's just as ample cleavage. He ain't amused.
- Happens to him again later, when he and Ran are in a "Scary House" room. Since Ran is terrified of anything similar to ghosts, she grabs Conan and kinda uses him as a temporary Security Blanket via holding him to her chest like a doll.
- And it happens AGAIN when he, Kazuha and Heiji are taking a ride in the subway. While Heiji signs some autographs, two VERY busty schoolgirls are so taken with Conan's adorable looks that they decide to take selfies with him and he ends up rather... comfy between them. Unlike the other times, Conan is... well, happier than before.
- Heartwarming moment in hentai Discipline: The Record of the Crusade in which Saori Otokawa, the heroine, hugs the protagonist Takuro to comfort him after she failed to protect him from getting raped by various girls under Leona. Takuro is more than happy for her affection.
- Although Kitagawa from Doki Doki School Hours usually makes sure she doesn't smother her beloved teacher Mika, she can't always help it since she's so well-endowed and the object of her affection is so small.
- .hack//Legend of the Twilight loves doing this to Shugo, who has enough girl troubles anyway, especially when his sister catches him drooling at girls instead of doing something productive.
- In another moment, one kid is musing about his dilemma — a double life between the real world and the game. He absentmindedly walks into a female character's breasts and ends his speech with the line, "And now I'm caught between two worlds."
- Dragon Crisis! has Eriko do this to her cousin Ryuuji in the very first episode.
- Densuke in Eiken suffers this almost constantly. Sometimes by accident, and sometimes Kirika sticks his head under her sweater so he cant get out.
- Excel Saga: This makes an appearance in the manga version, in Professor Shiouji's reunion with his mother.
Miwa: Why, other than your windpipe being blocked, don't you say, "Mom, I'm dying for your love"?
Shiouji: I... I'm dying...
- She has done it to Umi and "Teriha" too. Neither time has it been innocent.
- In Manga/Eyeshield21, Mamori thinks Sena has been beaten to unconsciousness and clutches him protectively to her chest, consequently smushing his face right between her breasts. Surprisingly, for this trope and this genre of manga, it's quite understated and nothing ever comes of it.
- Fairy Tail
- Action Girl and Team Mom Erza has a habit of clutching her friends and teammates to her bosom whenever she's relieved at their safety or proud of their accomplishments. Unfortunately for them, she wears breastplate (ha) armor at all times. *CLANG*
- Accidental variation: Natsu got a faceful of Lucy's breasts once when he caught her from falling out of a tower. Being a Chaste Hero, the only thing he was worried about was his air supply.
- Taken to the extreme in chapter 227...
- And another accidental one in Chapter 331 while tumbling inside a churchbell right before the ridiculous Thanks for the Mammary incident between them.
- In one Fate/stay night doujin (Heaven's Failure), a genderflipped Shirou in Ilya's body (thus having her dubbed Emilya von Einzbern) is hugged by a tearful Sakura in this manner.
- Done in Flame of Recca. Made worse by the fact that the one doing the hugging was a being made of extremely hot fire.
- Once in Gintama, Gintoki accidentally gets some "puff puff action" from Tsukuyo. It doesn't end well...
- In Girls Bravo this is one of Lisa's favorite tactics when trying to seduce Yukinari — despite the latter's severe girl allergy.
- Maharu also does this to Yukinari, unintentionally causing him to pass out.
- When a student appears to be contemplating suicide by jumping off the school roof in Gokusen, Fujiyama-sensei offers to catch him if he really wants to jump. She says while she may not survive his landing, her boobs will probably save him. Other students unsuccessfully try to take her up on that offer.
- Again with Fujiyama-sensei when Uchi attempts to run off during the class trip, she grabs him and pulls him tight. And he promptly passes out.
- In Gravion, Mizuki does this to Kouga from behind during a picnic. She was, however, somewhat inebriated at the time.
- In a variation that can only be described as... odd, the final episode of Gravitation's anime features Sakano calling in a gang of sumo wrestlers to smother an especially depressed Shuichi.
- In Grenadier, Rushuna uses this to hide Yajiro from enemy soldiers while in a hot spring (like Negi, he almost drowns, but unlike Negi, he's old enough to enjoy it). It's also her patented approach to negotiation, though sometimes she just goes for a regular hug.
- In Gulliver Boy, Teen Genius Edison's adoptive mother always hugged him to her very ample chest. After parting ways with her, Edison constantly hugs Misty and buries his face on her also huge breasts, and (weirdly) she doesn't mind at all.
- Hanaukyō Maid Tai
- Episode 12. Taro's three personal maids Glomp him while he's taking a bath and they're all naked.
- Episode 14. Konoe doesn't notice her breasts bouncing against Taro's face while she's pressed behind him while teaching him martial arts moves.
- In Happy Lesson, Mama Satsuki does this with her special move she reserved just for Chitose, "The Booby Trap". Mama Kisaragi copied this with the rest of Satsuki's personality when a failed experiment caused a Body Swap. Oddly, when the technique is performed the breasts of the user inflate to properly conceal around the victim's head, while the victim is facing away from the suffocating tits. It's that powerful of a move. Did I mention she's the Gym Teacher From Hell?
- Subverted and played straight in the Haunted Junction manga. When Kazumi and other guys are beaten up and brainwashed by the villainess Blue Spot Girl, Haruto summons the female ghost Toilet Hanako and she snaps Kazumi out of it when he accidentally buries his face on her chest. The subversion comes right afterwards, as the Marshmallow Hell debrainwashing only works on Kazumi, who's been infatuated with Hanako for a long time; she notes how her and Blue Spot's supernatural abilities are different, therefore she cannot do anything against her. It takes Red Mantle taking his mask off to rescue the rest.
- Hayate the Combat Butler has Saki do this to her charge Wataru. He makes it clear that he is of age to be thinking of things like that and protests. Saki realizes what he's objecting to and releases him to berate him about watching adult videos (they live in the video rental store he owns).
- Happens regularly to Issei in High School D×D, much to his delight. While never exactly innocent, the reasons for it run the gamut from fluffy (it's just how Rias hugs him; she's tall, affectionate, and has romantic feelings that lead her to indulge him a bit) to sultry (Akeno has designs to be The Mistress and gets a kick out of anything scandalous).
- In one of the manga arcs of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Mion and Rena like doing this to Keiichi. Usually while yelling "Squish Attack!" This doesn't seem completely innocent.
- In Ichigo 100% Junpei is subjected to / blessed with this at regular intervals. Often from Satsuki. Lampshaded by Sotomura after that Manaka is almost suffocated:
Satsuki breast is a lethal weapon
- In episode 9 of Is This a Zombie?, Ayumu goes to see Naegleria Nebiros, a famous warrior, for help. However, she's also taller and quite stacked, not too mention currently an overworked doujinshi artist. When she answers the door, she falls asleep standing up, and consequently falls chest-first into Ayumu, who has to force himself not to be distracted.
- Keade from Iketeru Futari got it so bad from his mother when he was a baby that it gave him a breasts phobia. Needless to say this kinda complicated things for his potontial love interest, Yuki.
- In episode 5 of Ikki Tousen Great Guardians, this happens to Koukin.◊
- In Jungle de Ikou!, Mii turns into a giantess and does this to Ongo's monster form to get him to stop his rampage and change back.
- Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu: Guu gets this in episode three, but not in the traditional sense. Don't read unless you have Brain Bleach at hand: She gets a face full of the elder's Funny Afro chest hair.
- In Kangoku Gakuen, Chiyo cradles Kiyoshi's head to protect him from Meiko and ends up pressing his head against her breasts. She lets go after she realizes what she's doing. Later Kiyoshi notes how wonderful the experience was.
- Kanokon probably breaks the record for the fastest time, when Chizuru smushes Kouta within five minutes (counting the Op).
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: In Chapter 362 Adelheid does this to Enma in a heartwarming moment. Skull later asks Adelheid to do this to him too.
- In one episode of Keroro Gunsou, Aki Hinata does a milder version of this (referred to by the Narrator as "Mama Hinata's Secret Technique: A Mother's Loving Embrace") to her son Fuyuki to snap him out of a case of "spring fever".
- Kyo Kara Maoh
- Cheri does this to Yuuri all the time...and at times to Wolfram as well, who just happens to be her son.
- Plus in episode 5 when Yuuri is assaulted by five different women's breasts. All at once.
- This has happened to Lupin of Lupin III several times, being the pervert he is most of the time he enjoys it, one of the exceptions was when Fujiko's overweight aunt hugged him and pressed him into her breasts he struggled to escape.
- Lupin III: Crisis in Tokyo: Zenigata is accidentally pushed into a bystander's bustline while chasing Lupin on the train. He gets punished for his insolence.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
- Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru Shidou ends up getting this often with Cool Big Sis Caldina's enthusiastic displays of affection.
- In Mahoromatic Shikijo also rests her Gag Boobs on Mahoro's head when they go to a public bath together. However, she does this more to taunt her small-breasted rival than any thing else. After all, this pedophile is a Shotacon, not a Lolicon.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!
- Aside from the aforementioned scene, Chizuru, the class member with the most ample bosom, gets to inflict this quite a lot. The trope naming scene occurred when a swimming Negi got caught in her bikini top somehow, and when a semi-feral InuYasha Homage showed up in her room, she marshmallow hell-brainwashed him. She has since more or less adopted the lucky dog, who wishes she wouldn't marshmallow hell him in public while his male friend is watching.
- The picture above is also from the manga, with Ayaka doing it to Negi for what may be less than innocent reasons...
- Oddly enough, Negi found one benefit from a situation like this. After a minor marshmallow incident with the amply endowed Shizuna-sensei, he inadvertently tricks one of his students (Kazumi, disguised as Shizuna) into revealing herself by noting that her breasts seemed smaller (whereupon the "teacher" protested that she had the "fourth largest in the class").
- In the English version of the manga, Negi wins for getting wedged between Shizuna's boobs, and looking up with the request: "May I have a cookie?"
- Makie pulls this on Negi in a chapter, despite being somewhat on the sugar-free side of the scale, so to speak.
- Also pulled by Anya on Asuna, when she hugs her out of relief when Asuna's week-long Heroic BSOD is over.
- Inverted: Mikoto, who's rather short by anyone's standards, likes to bury herself between Mai's bosom whenever she goes in for a hug.
- In the Mai-Otome manga, Erstin likes to hug Manshiro this way, and it's called "Bust Impact" and described the same way as one might describe an attack from a typical Shounen. It's even given variants like "Bust Impact Returns" and "Bust Impact Forever". note
- In Mai-Otome Zwei, after Mahya rips off Arika's top when she tries to slip out of the bath to look for Mashiro, a drunken Anh Lu gets up and offers to help Arika cover her exposed breasts, pulling her down onto her chair and putting her face into her breasts.
- Midori Days goes to a higher level when a drunken Lucy Winnlad stumbles into Seiji's room with barely anything on and sleeps with him, causing Midori, who is Seiji's right hand, to struggle with breasts bigger than her.
- Early on in the series, Midori inflicts Marshmallow Hell on herself, when she and Seiji visit her normal body, which has been in a deep sleep ever since she appeared on Seiji's arm. Seiji wants to try if contact between the Midori on his arm and her real body could somehow get her back in her own body, but quickly finds out that the actual Midori is sleeping naked. Not allowed to watch, he ends up repeatedly poking Midori in her own breast.
- Subverted in Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, where Shiro ends up with Kiki's ass on his face.
- In Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, Chara Soon does this to Judau several times, despite the fact that they belong to opposing militaries. She actually enjoys it a lot more than him, since she's got a few screws loose and likes younger boys in general and Judau in specific.
- In Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Usso Evin repeatedly goes through Marshmallow Hell, specially thanks to the Shrike Team girls. He even has to bite his way out of that sort of situation once (against Lupe Cineau, if you wonder).
- Tsunade on Konohamaru in Naruto, although he seemed to enjoy that a little too much considering his age, most likely due to the fact he had been 'taught' by Naruto. Hey, he's only human. He only recoiled in embarrassment after he realized that he's hugging Tsunade "marshmallows" and that it could end in getting his ass kicked.
- The Unwanted Harem in Omamori Himari love to do this to Yuuto.
- One Piece
- Sanji was once rescued from drowning by a mermaid who carried him to the surface with his face pressed to her bosom; it gave him a nosebleed that lead her to think Sanji must be dying from the pressure change. Although it's kind of a subversion because in Sanji's case, it was more like Marshmallow Heaven.
- Also, when Nami and Usopp first reunite after the Time Skip, Nami's greeting involves grabbing his face and jamming it into her breasts. Usopp is actually taller than Nami contrary to the trope description (they're about the same height when Nami is wearing high heels), so in this case, the Marshmallow Hell was probably totally consciously done on Nami's behalf.
- In the infamous Hot Springs Episode of Outlaw Star, Jim Hawkings is subject to this. From multiple women in bikinis at the same time. There is even a close up on his face as he speaks while a boob is pressing right into it. Lucky, lucky bastard.
- In Pandora Hearts, Charlotte/Lotti does this to Oz.
- In the Pokémon episode Hypno's Naptime, Ash gets hugged by a woman who mistakes him for her missing son, and he gets a faceful of bosom as the woman gleefully hugs him before he can explain she's got the wrong person. In the filler arc episode Pokémon Double Trouble, it happens to him again, for the exact same reason.
- Poemi of Puni Puni Poemi is frequently subjected to a variation on this where Shii Aasu rests her ridiculously enormous breasts on Poemi's head. Poemi's reaction is to panic and act like she's being quite literally crushed under their prodigious weight. Although the mechanics are a bit different and both parties are female, it's close enough that it was probably intended as a parody of or reference to this trope. (It is made clearer, at least in the dub, when another Aasu sister reminds Shii "what happened to the cat").
Poemi: Why are there huge boob like things on Kobayashi's head? note
- Queen's Blade
- A subversion of this happens to Rana quite often, as his Action Mom Cattleya fights while holding him with the other arm. So often times when she loses balance Rana gets a face and hand full. The subversion is that there's no perversion factor, Rana just loves to be around his mom.
- Played straight in an episode of the anime, where Echnida yanks him close while she's taunting Ymir. Rana is not thrilled about being buried in her chest and flails until she releases him.
- Ranma ½
Akane: (dreaming) Oh, P-Chan! Where have you been?
- In Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0, Shinji is introduced to Mari this way when she parachutes onto him. It is one of the times this trope looks seriously painful. He was lucky not to have a concussion despite the "padding".
- This isn't the first time for Shinji. There's also the lift scene in Episode 8 of the original anime. Large party, very small lift, awkward re-introductions, and poor Shinji's face is nestled in Misato's bosom. Ironically, Misato is too angry over what she thinks is Kaji groping her to even notice.
- Rental Magica started one such scene with Kuroha trying to comfort Itsuki, her breast swaying right before his blushing face. But then, she's a ghost. As in, not fully corporeal. So this was played a little... farther than usual.
- Rosario + Vampire:
- In Saber Marionette J, Bloodberry gives these to Otaru on occasion.
- Shizuno subjects Moroha to this in Seiken Tsukai No World Break, right in front of Ranjou no less.
- Chizuru Akaba from SeitokaiNoIchizon deserves to be mention here as she occasionally uses this technique on the protagonist Ken Sugizaki and the resident "Aka-chan" Kurimu Sakurano in an attempt to calm/brainwash them.
- In Sekirei, Minato is an occasional victim of this, thanks to his incredibly well-endowed harem. Competition between Musubi and Tsukiumi often involves him being squished dangerously between their breasts. Kazehana takes the cake, though, having the largest chest in the entire series and a tendency to shove his face into her cleavage when excited.
- In the SHUFFLE! OVA (OVA because most of the fandom rejected Memories), a shrunk down Rin Tsuchimi tries to get Sia's attention. By leaping from a wooden plank and landing smack in her cleavage. The other girls were not amused.
- In episode 20 of Slayers, Amelia sees a Not What It Looks Like situation involving Gourry and Sylphielnote and tries to stop Lina from seeing it, so she grabs Lina's shoulders and raises herself up to block Lina's view with her chest. Lina is annoyed by this, both because she can't breathe and because Amelia's breasts are larger than hers.
- In the Sonic the Hedgehog anime, Tails ends up here after a snowball he was riding in crashes into Sarah. Knuckles is disgusted (or maybe just jealous).
- Blair does this to Soul in Soul Eater on occasion.
- In episode 40 of the anime Arachne did it to Asura. It comes across as unusually romantic.
- Steel Angel Kurumi
- The title character does this to the male lead as a running gag.
- And in Steel Angel Kurumi 2 her successor does it with the girl who happens to activate her.
- In Strike Witches Lynne does this to Yoshika after they successfully took down their first Neurois.
- Shirley does this to Yoshika in multiple episodes. Once while she was unconscious!
- In episode 6 of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Sheryl actually gets stuck in Henriette's breasts and tries to struggle to get out, for about 20 seconds.
- In one volume of Tenchi Muyo!, Ryoko is holding some kid, and then accidentally brings him a little close...
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- When Kamina and Simon are ambushed by Kittan and his three sisters in Episode 4, eldest sister Kiyoh (who let's just say could give Power Girl a run for "bustiest blonde in media") uses this on Simon. Particularly hilarious, since she points out that Simon is the perfect height for it.
- There's also the very first episode where Simon gets a face full of Yoko boobage after crash landing the Lagann — twice. While the first one probably counts as a Funbag Airbag, the second is gratuitous Marshmallow Hell as Yoko was trying to get him to duck, but looks like she's going out of her way to make sure her boobs were right in his face.
- Heck, Boota takes the cake. Every time Yoko is present in her usual Stripperific outfit, Boota immediately leaps over and makes himself comfortable in her cleavage. She's only mildly surprised the first time (prompting Kamina to remark "Say... which one do you think is tastier?") and completely ignores it afterwards.
- In the High School A.U. of Gurren Gakuenhen, Yoko (in a Sailor Fuku) does this to Simon... and forgets about him as plot happens. He finally surfaces three pages later.
- Impa does it to Link in the manga version of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. For reference, this incarnation of Impa is NOT the woman from Ocarina of Time, but a very large old woman.
- To Love-Ru
- After one of Lala's machines accidentally shrinks Rito to about 5 inches tall, she hides him by carrying him around in her cleavage all day. Naturally, she's not wearing a bra. He nearly gets suffocated and/or squashed multiple times.
- This incident exhibits the other end of the spectrum.
- Rito is subjected to this so much that it probably isn't a far stretch to say that his hands and head are breast magnets.
- Kûgen Tenkou does this to Noboru Nakagami in the third episode of Wagaya no Oinari-sama. when Noboru relents to her wanting to be shown around his school.
- Happens twice to Ken Hidaka in one episode of Weiß Kreuz — and made even more awkward as the woman in question is considerably older than him, used to be a nun, and reminds him of his mother.
- In an unusually dramatic/non-comedic example, Yayoi in White Album does this to Touji, first making a speech about how he should forget all the others and if he can't do that "Then at least do this!" and pushes his face into her bust. Unusual both because the tone is rather tragic, and because she doesn't have Gag Boobs.
- In WORKING!!, Souta's oldest sister Kazue can't withstand Popura's Cuteness Proximity and gives her this treatment, much to Popura's confusion.
- Something of a meme in a corner of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX fandom, taken from the end of the third season when Juudai falls, unconscious, against Yubel's chest. A poorly-drawn set of in-between frames gives the impression that he faceplanted directly on the one breast she's got.
- This is parodied in a Zombie Powder omake with Wolfina and Elwood, where Elwood gets mushed into her h-cup breasts so many times that he gets whiplash.
- An issue of Lobo combines this trope with Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever.
- Astonishingly, Power Girl herself is nearly on the receiving end of one of these during a supervillain-induced hallucination.
- In Hate, Buddy takes his elderly dad to a strip joint and is shocked to find him with his head in a dancer's chest. Thinking he's passed out, Buddy rushes up to the stage to get him, but instead he says to Buddy, "Can't you see I'm having the time of my life?"
- In 2011's Hack Slash #4, Cassie does this to Vlad to get him to snap out of his slasher-induced altered state of mind.
- In Turma da Mônica Jovem, Mônica does this to Cebolinha.◊
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- A woman does this to a pipeline operator in the James Bond film The Living Daylights as part of a Show Some Leg distraction ploy.
- This was sent up in the Revenge of the Nerds series, with the short character Wormser always ending up with a tall girl (or girls), talking to/dancing between the girl's breasts. And usually Breaking the Fourth Wall by making a knowing Aside Glance to the audience.
- The '70s Chesty Morgan film series, which starred the eponymous Chesty Morgan, an Danish stripper with large breasts (something like a triple J cup) as an assassin who would seduce her targets and then smother them to death in her cleavage. Seriously. Slightly NSFW.
- And the name of the movie? "Deadly Weapons", of course!
- This takes place in Police Academy 3, too: a small Japanese student attempts to seduce Callahan, his hardass Amazonian drill instructor. Callahan immediately pulls him into the bedroom, and then says, "In America, talk is cheap!" She then tackles him down to the ground with his face in her breasts. His (muffled) comment? "I love America!"
- In the obscure European movie The Real Shlemiel, the Kid Hero's huge aunt is always hugging him this way. And, when a goblin is in the front pocket of his shirt is almost crushed by Aunt Sarah's cleavage. So, the goblin has to jump every time he realizes that Aunt Sarah is about to hug Aaron.
- Happens to Austin Powers in The Spy Who Shagged Me, when Felicity Shagwell borrows a pair of binoculars still attached to his neck.
Austin: Hello, mummy. Mummy, can I have some chocolates? I want some Mars bars! Don't smack my bottom, mummy... Oh, sorry, love. Got caught in your dirty pillows.
- Happens in one scene of Transylvania 6-5000 when Odette the sexy vampire lady (played by Geena Davis) does this to Ed Bagely, Jr in the library.
Odette: Face to my breasts! Tell me you want me, too!
- Done kind of Squickily by Pam Ferris to Michael Rispoli in Death to Smoochy. Yeesh!
- Also subverted in a similar way in Dirty Work.
Young Mitch: Note to self- Aunt Phyllis is your aunt!
- The Narrator (Edward Norton) of Fight Club gets pressed between Bob's bitch-tits during a testicular cancer support group. The look on his face while being in Bob's bosom is hilarious.
- When the guys try to set up a bachelor party for Jim in American Wedding, they hire a stripper in a police uniform who has a tendency to punish people via this method. She even punishes Jim's MOTHER via this method!
- Happens in Honey, I Blew Up the Kid when Diane volunteers to be hit by Wayne's shrink ray while it's in reverse in order to calm Adam down (he's crying after Hendrickson tries to shoot at him, but misses and hits the giant electric guitar, which hurts the giant boy). It just so happens that Nick and his girlfriend Mandy are in the kid's front pocket.
- And their car. Diane is about to breast crush a car. Twin airbags those montains aren't...
- In the MST3K classic Village of the Giants, a guy is picked up by a giantess, who danced with him pressed to her gigantic bosom, clinging to her bra straps for dear life. Quoth Mike Nelson, "First base is larger than I remember!"
- In Fellini's Amarcord, the young protagonist Titta gets pressed against the huge breasts of the buxom tobacconist after betting he could lift her (and is encouraged to suck on them, but end up complaining he can't breath).
- Ulla does this to Max in the 2005 version of The Producers. Not only that, but Max also goes back for more a second time in the same hug.
- In 9 to 5 Dolly Parton imagines doing this in a Dream Sequence as revenge on her sleazy boss who won't stop harassing her.
- Inflicted by Suzie (played by Kylee Nash) on Nate in MILF (2010), who is probably enjoying it.
- Occurs in Thunderhead, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, when a male scientist falls during a rock-climbing accident, and is caught by a certain generously endowed female scientist below him, cushioning his face in a very sensitive area.
- Older than Television: The Turn of the Screw by Henry James ends with the governess smothering her ward to death in her bosom in order to protect him from ghosts.
- Parodied in Wyrd Sisters. After the fool is stabbed... with a fake stage knife, he ends up in Magrat's bosom, such that it is. There was some interesting dialog as they end up actually arguing about whether or not he's dead since, on the one hand, he thinks he's in heaven because there's boobs in his face, and on the other hand, dead people don't need to breathe.
- This happens in the novel Cold Mountain, when Inman and Veasey are staying with a man and his several wives and offspring. One of the women, named Lila, does this to him because she wants to have sex with him. Fortunately, although they are (involuntarily, in Inman's case) married, it doesn't happen.
- Flashman in the Great Game. This happens to Flashman after he's rescued from torture by an Indian queen. Unfortunately for the permanently-randy Anti-Hero, his hands are tied.
- In the Xanth novel A Spell For Chameleon, Bink is rescued from an angry centaur by said centaur's girlfriend, who pulls Bink close to protect him, pillowing his head on something. When Bink turns around, he's face-to-not-quite-face with those "pillows."
- This happens to Gus once on Psych.
- Lauren Zizes does this to Artie on Glee during "I Know What Boys Like."
- Used as a weapon in an episode of The Nanny. C.C. (who hates Max's children) tells the youngest child Grace that the only reason Fran spends time with them is because she's paid to (not true, Fran does love them.) Grace runs away from home to Fran, and when Max finds her, she begins to tell on C.C., who then grabs her in a huge hug to shut her up.
- Doctor Who
- This would seem to be Benny Hill's sole reason for living in The Benny Hill Show.
- In an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise, Captain Archer winds up tied to his "breast officer" T'Pol and, in course of wiggling free, they wind up dancing cheek to chest. This is slightly lampshaded by the fact that, when Archer realizes that he will have to end up chest to cheek with her, he looks up at her and she gives him the "yeah, yeah, yeah, go on..." eyebrow raise...
- 1000 Ways to Die:
- Miss Piddlin, the lunch lady character on All That, would often hug students this way (Though the first time could've been accidental, as the character was played by Kenan Thompson.
- In an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun, Dick is appointed a wife (played by Roseanne Barr) who interferes with his relationship with Mary. After several attempts to convince her he's an awful husband in order to make her leave, he caves and tearfully admits she has a lovely apron. She consoles him with one of these.
- Lampshaded twice, from Olive and Chuck, on Pushing Daisies when Olive comforts a boy who recently lost his mother:
Olive: There, there.
(pushes him over to Chuck)
Chuck: No, not here, here!
- This happens to Joey once on Friends. When he stars in a show (full of Stylistic Suck), Phoebe makes him think he's done a great show by hugging him in a very special way. Used again in the same episode when Joey's show gets cancelled. This time, both Phoebe and Rachel do this.
- In Band of Brothers, Perconte gets this from a matronly Dutch woman during the liberation of Eindhoven. Sgt Lipton yanks him away, whereupon Perconte staggers off with a stunned expression on his face.
- In an episode of House, House wonders why someone would try to commit suicide by electrocuting themselves. He lists off a number of other ways to kill yourself, rounding it up with: "Bury yourself alive in Cuddy's cleavage."
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Darla did this to Angel when she sired him. She drank his blood, then cut herself between the boobs and pushed his face to her chest to make him drink her blood.
- This is actually what Dracula does to Mina in Stoker's novel, but without the titties (also, Mina doesn't turn right away, giving us an Ill Girl sort of plot where the heroes have to destroy Dracula and end the taint before she dies).
- And it was also (implied) when Drusilla sired a resurrected, human Darla - we don't see the whole thing, but Drusilla also cuts herself there. It might be all female vamps sire new vamps like this. In a sense, it's symbolic - the sire is like a parent and the new vampire like a child, and what does a mother do when her baby is born ...? Essentially, it symbolises a new birth.
- Happens in Just Shoot Me! when Dennis' fiancée hugs him when he proposes.
- Lexx: Xev delays Stan from asking the Living Ship to destroy an inhabited planet by knocking him down and smothering him while she argues against it.
- In a Seinfeld episode, Elaine sends out Christmas cards with a photo of her accidentally baring a nipple. George is upset that everybody she knows got one, except him. Elaine gets angry, and rubs his head on her breasts. Made funnier in that George was utterly unaware of the nipple issue when he mentions it, and Elaine hollers, "You want a Christmas card? I'll give you a Christmas card!!!"
- An episode of That '70s Show had a wrestling match between Eric and Donna, which ended when Donna put Eric in a bearhug. She asks why he isn't fighting back, and Hyde points out why he wouldn't want to.
- Happens to Joy with Darnell's "big" and overly excited sister in the My Name Is Earl episode "Joy's Wedding."
- Will and Grace: Karen Walker is very fond of doing this to people.
- With a Scene from a Hat entitled 'Songs from a musical about breasts' and a master in Refuge in Audacity like Colin Mochrie, it was probably inevitable that he'd reference this trope on Whose Line Is It Anyway?.
"I like to stick my head in...GBBBBBRRRRRR!!!!!"
- In The Suite Life on Deck, Carey does this to Cody (sort of) when he's about to leave for math camp and she tells him to call her in case there is an emergency and hugs him tight to her chest.
Cody: Emergency! Can't breathe!
- Herman's Head. Herman makes Jay attend a Sex Addicts Anonymous meeting, so he starts pouring out his troubles to get a Cry into Chest moment with the good-looking woman next to him. When Herman yanks Jay off her, the women looks annoyed and quickly yanks Jay back to her boobs.
- The Tom Smith song "Death by Wubbie", which originally had a slightly different name.
- Professional Wrestler Jillian Hall has more done this a few times against mostly female opponents to humiliate, disgust and or attempt to smother them. One memorable time was in mocking Ashley Massaro, who was revealed to be on the cover of an up coming Playboy magazine. This actually doesn't always get a positive reaction from the fans in attendance, as Jillian has a habit of making the audience hate her. Though this is more for the fact that she could kill several small children with her voice. At least she doesn't turn to other tactics, like fellow female wrestler Mickie James...
- Slightly more literal in Lucy Furr's case, as she had a Fallen Angel gimmick.
- Male examples with CZW alum Greg Excellent and the rotund Jester in the Keystone State Wrestling Alliance.
- There was an image of a valet on an indy show who basically had real life Gag Boobs. Her wrestler's opponent was lying with his head on the apron facing up, and she dropped her breasts on his face as a variation of the old "manager choke from outside the ring" spot.
- Boobie Lady—er, Litchi often unwillingly does this to Taokaka, who is more than happy to enjoy her "nice comfy airbags." She also willingly stuffs Carl's face into her cleavage, during his cooldown hug during CS's story mode.
- In the past, Nine (Kokonoe's Missing Mom) did this to her sister Celica.
- Near the beginning of Boktai 3, Lita uses a "Chest Attack!!" to snap Django out of his amnesiac state. This fails because [A] Lita doesn't have enough chest for an A-Cup and [B] she punches out skeletons bare-handed. By the time the "attack" ends, Django is 1 HP from his last save file. She does provide free medicine to fix him up, however...
- Discworld has this happen to Rincewind in a randomly-triggered cutscene — typically taken to the absolute most ridiculous extreme — as The Lady's hand comes down from the heavens, plucks up the hapless wizard and hides him in her truly gigantic cleavage. It's all a bid to win whatever game the Gods are currently playing, but Fate calls her on it. Much to Rincewind's frustration.
- Laharl has the misfortune to be on the receiving end of one by Jennifer — misfortunate because he's literally allergic to Gag Boobs, and the proceeding freakout only prompts Jennifer into a impromptu sex-ed lesson. The thoughts of bystanders could best be summed up as, "WTF, dood?"
- Disgaea Dimension 2 reveals that Rainier, a demon serving the Krichevskoy group and one of aforementioned Krichevskoy's many vassals, has a history of putting Laharl to sleep by "smothering" him, presumably in her funbags. Well, that explains everything.
- There's also Disgaea 3, which has a girl-on-girl example (quoted above) where Sapphire picks up the tiny, fun-sized Raspberyl and subjects her to Marshmallow Hell. Unsurprisingly, this has sparked a pairing.
- Dragon Quest
- In many games, many characters can perform this as an attack called "Puff Puff" that will usually cause the victim to miss their next turn. In Dragon Quest 6 and 7, male characters can also do it, although it has a slightly different effect (it does damage). Most likely because while huge breasts can squeeze, huge pectorals can CRUSH.
- Speaking of Dragon Quest, this gets teased a number of times. In Dragon Quest III, a cute girl offers to give you one of these. You are then taken to a dark room, and when the lights come on, you learn that the person that gave you the "Puff Puff" was the girl's incredibly burly father. It also gets teased in Dragon Quest VIII, although a bit less creepy, as the girl doing it is simply using slimes. And it gets teased yet again in Dragon Quest IX, although this time the girl is using sheep's asses.
- In Fire Emblem Awakening, this happens to the Avatar during Aversa 's Love Confession. As she promises to love him from now on, she holds him close to her assets with a big smile on her face...
- In Grandia II, Milenia does this to Roan when they first meet.
- In Project Justice, Tiffany's main throw got changed from a gymnastic neck snap to one of these.
- In Rune Factory 3, if you decide to make Pia your love interest, she does this to Micah after he reveals that he's a human/monster hybrid. He eventually passes out due to lack of oxygen, and murmurs that 'at least I died happy...',
- Soul Series
- In Tales of Xillia, Teepo often hugs Milla by vigorously motorboating her BAZONGAS.
- In Tech Romancer, during a scene in Pollin's storyline, Pollin transforms herself into an older (and bustier) form, and gets in an argument with Pulsion's human form Kei about whose bust size is bigger. With mutual love interest Junpei... caught in the middle. The US version unfortunately censors this, changing the written dialogue to them arguing over who loves him more.
- Asuka's ending in Tekken 5. Featuring her cousin Jin (though they weren't really aware of that at the time). As it was unintentional, he gets a Megaton Punch for his trouble.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, one of the sidequests involves delivering milk from the ranch to the bar, in exchange for which you get the mask that lets you into the bar, which lets you enter the milk bar that serves the very useful Infinite Magic potion. Due to the nature of the game, it's possible to do this sidequest more than once, even if you already have the Mask. If this is the case, the moderately well-endowed girl from the ranch picks up young Link for a hug, resulting in Marshmallow Hell. Particularly amusing is the narrative note that, "You feel all warm and fuzzy inside! You could get used to this." What's even more amusing is that the note has an Accidental Innuendo typo, "You feel all warm and fuzzy! inside!". The thing that makes it funnier is that she literally just takes him and plants his face right into her chest and holds him there for a few seconds. She doesn't seem to have any qualms about doing this, she makes no attempts to avert this by kneeling down so she's eye-level with him. Link himself doesn't even try to wiggle free! Here is the picture.◊
- In the Card Battle Game Weiss Survive: Shizzle to the "Chosen One Takeshi"◊. Michi does not approve.
- You does this to Kid in Ever17, although it is only mentioned in the text and doesn't have an accompanying visual.
- In Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai, Momoyo sometimes subjects Yamato to this.
- Kurugaya does this to Kud in Little Busters!, causing the poor girl to quickly grow dizzy from lack of air and Kurugaya to hurriedly adjust her, commenting that hugging her from a 45-degree angle is the best.
- Francine of American Dad! promptly deals this out to Snot when she believes he's drowning at the bottom of a pool, even though he was role-playing The Little Mermaid with Steve, Barry and Toshi (Specifically, he was Sebastian). Oh, and this kicks off an Escalating War between him and Steve when Steve vows to get even by getting the same thing with Snot's mom.
- This animation cel from a cut scene in the Animaniacs episode "King Yakko" has Yakko pulling this off on Prime Minister Nurse.
- In one episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Meatwad is surrounded and pinned by holographic popup windows of scantily-clad, busty women — with the faces of old men.
- Happens to Schnitzel in one episode of Chowder.
- In the episode "Insane in the Mainframe," Fry is let out of a robot insane asylum, brainwashed into thinking he's a robot and begins beeping. Devastated, Leela embraces Fry, pushing him up against her chest, causing him to beep more rapidly.
- In the episode "Why Must I Be a Crustacean in Love?", a female Decapodian named Edna, discovering that Fry had been teaching Dr. Zoidberg how to woo her in an attempt to help Zoidberg win her affections, becomes enamored with Fry and lures Fry to her apartment to try to seduce him. Zoidberg happens in upon the two as Edna is forcing herself on Fry and Edna professes her love for Fry, whilst pressing his face into her cleavage, muffling Fry's attempts to object.
- In the Justice League Unlimited episode "Dark Heart", Wonder Woman needs to carry the shrunken-down Atom into the midst of a horde of dangerous robots. While fighting her way through them with the Atom in one hand, Wonder Woman decides that she needs both hands, and promptly tucks the inch-high Atom into her cleavage. He wisely says nothing (though he was supposed to in the original script), but looks quite pleased. According to writer Warren Ellis, when he questioned whether they would be able to keep the cleavage scene someone on the production crew assured them they would keep it in, reportedly saying, "We will defend the cleavage with our lives!" God bless them.
- In one episode of Pinky and the Brain, during a parody of Man of La Mancha, a woman hugs Brain and promptly loses him in her cleavage.
- In the Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon episode "Naked Beach Frenzy", Stimpy blocks Ren's view of a woman undressing at the beach, in anger he flings him out to the beach where he winds up stuck between the woman's breasts, he struggles to escape while she hugs him and her friends gather around and do the same to him, Ren gets jealous and tries to get them to do the same to him, but they mistake him for a crab and they get a lifeguard to beat him up.
- A running gag in the earlier episodes of Rocko's Modern Life involved Rocko winding up stuck between Gladys the Hippo's breasts, every time he would do so she would yell, "How dare you!" and beat him up.
- The boys in South Park set this up as part of a plan to snap Chef out of The Super Adventure Club's brainwashing. The woman in question is a very obese stripper. When her cleavage doesn't work at first, she then puts Chef's face between her asscheeks.
- In The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, Beasto, who's used to getting his way, tries to get close to stripper Velvet Von Black. She responds to his advances by beating the shit out of him with her inflatable breasts and buttocks. Later, after getting in a catfight with Suzi X, she uses her breasts to pummel Suzi.
- Total Drama World Tour
- In the episode "Broadway Baby", in a scene cut from the US version, Cody falls into the Statue of Liberty's boobs and almost gets killed.
- And he has an over affectionate Stalker with a Crush who is One Head Taller than him. You do the math.
- And the show also has a male example, when Bridgette didn't let Noah hug her in Yukon, Owen happily grabs him and presses him against his chest.
- Happens very subtley to Woody Woodpecker in the cartoon A Fine Feathered Frenzy. He tried to run away from Gorgeous Gal who was a large elderly widow crow that fell in love with him at first sight. The Woodpecker opened a door, ran through it and bounced when he buried his face into her chest. She grabs him and Woody's head and hands are right where her large breasts would be (accentuated in other scenes), but since she is really overweight and five times bigger than the Woodpecker it isn't obvious right away. Gorgeous used this opportunity to kiss Woody on each cheek. He escapes even though it's not too long until she grabs him and plants more kisses on his lips.
- This sometimes is used as a tactic by female players in Humans vs. Zombies in order to either score a silent infection against a human, or in order to silently kill a zombie.
- At many Ren Fairs, "serving wenches" will do it as a joke. Particularly if the man in question is behaving like a cad. They even have a name for it, it's called a woobie.
- Happens constantly in strip clubs. Some years ago, an extremely huge-busted model/stripper named Tawny Peaks was sued by a club patron alleging he suffered severe whiplash from one of these.
- This is a favorite tactic of many Drag Queens around straight men in the audience when they interact cabaret style, especially one in the Boston area who regularly includes this as part of his act.
- This was sort of the case when Kristen Johnston won the Emmy for Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for 3rd Rock from the Sun and hugged the presenter, Michael J. Fox. He's short, she's tall and was wearing heel shoes, so the head to breast level was just right. Or wrong, depending on your point of view.
- This is a fairly common technique in the Real Life world of BDSM (usually done on Bound and Gagged submissives), since it's a form of erotic titillation that conveniently also satisfies a submissive's desire for pain and humiliation.