Mario Plush Forever is a series on Machinima that stars the Mario Brothers as plushes. The title might make this series look friendly, but it's far from it.
Mario and Luigi are out and about when they suddenly fart. Princess Peach comes in and alerts them that the Mushroom Kingdom is suffering a terrible fart curse
. When they come into the castle, they find out that the fart curse can turn people into mindless zombies and the only one immune to the fart curse is Yoshi (Who is also the cure as well), who is kidnapped by Bowser (Who is also affected by the fart curse). Mario and Luigi set out to rescue Yoshi, but a mysterious cloaked being Who turns out to be an extremely jealous Donkey Kong
is watching them, making sure that they fail with healing the fart curse. Will Mario and Luigi save the Mushroom Kingdom before it's too late?
Currently has a full season. Episode 1 can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNqEQm91VoA
. The Youtube Channel (Although MPF videos are uploaded on Machinima) is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/marioplushforever
This series contains examples of:
- A God Am I: Giga Bowser's worst mistake.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Giga Bowser in Episode 11. He looks so creepy.
- Another Dimension: Sonic the Hedgehog appears at the very end of Episode 12. Everyone thinks he's this, but he states that he isn't.
- Banana Peel: Donkey Kong uses one in Episode 11.
- Berserk Button: In Episode 12, there are two big examples.
- Mario seems pretty pissed about Yoshi's death already, so threaten to treat the other Yoshis like that ... and you're gonna get in a world of hurt.
- And never address to the Master Hand, especially if you're saying that you're a god.
- Big Bad: Donkey Kong until Episode 10.
- Big Damn Heroes: Yoshi in Episode 8. Mario would've been dead meat if it wasn't for him.
- Big "NO!": Giga Bowser yells out "FUCK!!!" when he slips on a banana peel.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Episodes 10 and 12. Both of them show at least one gory depiction of a head exploding ... speaking of which ...
- Two Words: Cherry Pie. (For Episode 10)
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Mario makes mention that people play the "Mario" series in Episode 5. Literally broken in Episode 12 and lampshaded in Episode 12.
- Chekhov's Gun: That tainted Ghost Shroom from Episode 3. Luigi threw it at Bowser as a last resort ... the results weren't good.
- Never. Piss. Off. Master Hand. Everyone knows that ... sorta.
- It looks like Yoshi survived ... somewhat. Does that mean that the Yoshi that Mario brought with him to the castle was just a clone that Mario was unaware of?
- Cliff Hanger: The endings of Episodes 7, 9, 10, 11, and 12.
- Curbstomp Battle: Mario and Luigi easily murder Wario and Waluigi along with Bowser's troops. However, Giga Bowser easily wipes out everything that the heroes put up against him. But Master Hand kills Giga Bowser with ease.
- Darker and Edgier: When the fart curse gets serious, the series turns to this. It gets noticeable around Episode 7.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Donkey Kong poisoning the mushroom supply? Seems similar to a less serious situation that happened in a past video game.
- Enemy Mine: Mario and Donkey Kong join forces after he realizes what he did was wrong so they could take on Bowser. Peach still hates him though.
- Heel-Face Turn: Donkey Kong aka the Hooded Figure
- Family-Unfriendly Violence: When Mario Plush Forever starts having discretion warnings from Episode 10 and onward, you know there's going to be violence.
- Farts on Fire: Mario did this in Episode 6.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Giga Bowser. They can kill Boos.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Giga Bowser
- God: Master Hand is this. People are forbidden to speak and address to him, but Luigi spoke to him to ask for Mario (Who was lost in space) back.
- Sure, Master Hand seems friendly ... but when Bowser claimed to be a God, Master Hand killed him.
- Green-Eyed Monster: The reason why Donkey Kong infected the Mushroom Kingdom with the fart curse. Episode 10 is called "The Evil of Envy".
- Godzilla Threshold: Mario could use anything to defeat Giga Bowser ... involving a bunch of stockpiled weapons, an army of Yoshis, Boos, and a Lakitu!
- Hubris: Bowser freaking Koopa.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Bowser's minions. They all got shot down very easily in the final battle.
- From Bad to Worse: Bowser's ... condition ... in Episode 11.
- What happened as a result of Bowser pissing off Master Hand.
- The Lost Woods: The setting of Episode 3.
- Montage: Mario going to college.
- A bit weird because in the course of a real college, the whole world would've probably been destroyed already. Just don't think about it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Luigi threw a tainted Ghost Shroom into Bowser's mouth in Episode 6. Guess what happened five episodes later? Luigi then shifted the blame to Donkey Kong, who was the main reason why the mushrooms were poisoned in the first place.
- Number of the Beast: The title card of Episode 6 says "Episode 666".
- Obligatory Swearing: Yep.
- The Plague: The Fart Curse
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner
- Mario: "Say goodnight cocksucker." (Before killing Wario).
- Luigi: "Fuck you." (Before killing Waluigi).
- Puppet Shows: Those hands that are always around the characters. Well when the fourth wall is literally broken in Episode 12, Sonic points this out.
- Shout Out:
- Episode 8 features Dr. Mario.
- Episode 11 shows Giga Bowser.
- Master Hand appears in Episodes 5 and 12.
- Episode 11 also shows the characters on karts as they flee from Bowser. Donkey Kong uses a banana and then the victory theme plays.
- Episode 11 also features Luigi's Mansion.
- Shifting Sand Land: The setting of Episode 4.
- Staying Alive: Yoshi survived ... or maybe it was just one of his clones that Mario forgot to kill. All of them had the cure for the fart curse.
- Stealth Pun:
- "It's in God's hands now" - Mario mentioning about Master Hand.
- Mario tells Boo "I know we haven't seen eye-to-eye ...". Guess how Boos behave in the games?
- Tempting Fate: A Koopa Troopa in the final battle says that all of Mario's dinosaur friends will die, just like Yoshi. Guess what happens next?
- Toilet Humor
- You Monster!: Basically the reaction of Mario when Bowser's Koopa Troopa henchman tells Bowser that he's better off giving the Yoshi to the Mario brothers ... and burns him alive!
- You Say Tomato: Mario pronounces Lakitu as "La-Key-two".