TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Rainbows included!MS Elegante
is a plot-driven panfandom and O.C. Roleplaying Game
with dark, mature themes and occasional horror elements. The word "occasional" is used as lightly as possible. MS Elegante is a Journal Roleplay
that may or may not take place on a boat, a boat that may or may not contain characters, whose worlds may or may not have been destroyed. Perhaps. Elegante is one of the most horrible, torturous game on LiveJournal
, and we are perfectly content to be known as such.
is a great man.
Tropes in this roleplay include:
- A Lighter Shade of Grey: Batou and Major Kusanagi.
- Action Girl: Alita, Lily, the Major, Samus, Toph, Lilith, Mikaela...
- The Alcoholic: Remy, Bryn, Jinx, Kevas, Marco, Hancock, Xanxus
- Almost Dead Guy: Often subverted as death can be swift and often painful.
- The Amazon: The jungle.
- Amusement Park of Doom: The Carnival.
- And I Must Scream: The Golden Shore, basically.
- Another Dimension: Duh.
- Back From the Dead: (Nearly) Everyone who dies. Ever.
- Can also refer to the passengers brought on board being dead in their canon.
- Back to Back Badasses: Vash and Wolfwood
- Baleful Polymorph: Odette, Tiana, Naveen, Daxter... Jak as a Crocadog?
- Badass Normal:
- First Mate Kage. All the other crew have some kind of super power.
- For the last time, we just don't KNOW Kage's power, yet.
- For all we know, his power's probably being too sexy for description.
- Wolfwood. He doesn't need his Punisher Cross to whoop your ass.
- Beach Episode: The boat's two times making port
- Berserk Button: Lily, Vash.
- Hancock. Don't call him an asshole. Just don't do it.
- Xanxus. His berserk button is very tiny and very hard to find, but if you push it, you will regret it.
- Big Bad: Not everyone on the boat is the nicest person from their given world, but Redd is arguably the worst of the worst.
- Big Eater: Renna. Edward Elric.
- Big Guy: Ripa 'Moramee, Ironhide, Ganondorf
- Big Labyrinthine Building: Deck 14.
- Big Red Button: Red box.
- Bizarrchitecture: The entire boat.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The jewels from the 2010 Unnamed Event.
- Break the Cutie:
- Pretty much half the things that happen to Michelangelo.
- Thom's punishment for biting the Major. Thanks, Batou.
- Vash, upon being locked in Carnival with Jennifer and watching her kill the Counselor. SOB
- Vash, again, finding Maleficent having ripped Wolfwood's head off.
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: Some have accepted that Redd is not to be screwed with. Others have not.
- Busman's Holiday: Kind of lampshaded as in after a while the characters get sick of their "vacation" and try to find something productive to do.
- Butt Monkey: The muns love to pick on their characters...
- Cleanup Crew: Someone has to be cleaning up all those bodies.
- Comm Links: The communicators.
- Continuity Nod: Do you remember that thing from way back when? The mods sure do, and it will probably come up later.
- Cool Boat: Totally.
- Unless you talk to the characters.
- Coolest Club Ever: Club O2
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: 2010 Halloween Party. Heron vs. Eiren.
- Dances and Balls: Some events.
- Dark Action Girl: Azula.
- The Dark Side: Don't trust those mirrors.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Ganondorf, Nabooru.
- Death Is Cheap: Dying more than three times effects the characters strangely, but so far they all seem to come back thanks to the system.
- Death World: Carnival. And Spectacular Spectacular. And... well, the entire boat.
- Deadpan Snarker: A lot of cast members, actually.
- Deflector Shields: Heron feathers.
- Downer Ending: This. Forever.
- The Dragon: First Mate Kage.
- Drowning My Sorrows:
- A lot. Especially Remy.
- Bryn. She drinks like a fish! It makes King go D:<
- Kevas. Troll loves his booze.
- Vash and Wolfwood.
- Occasionally Gavin.
- Gideon of all people tried this once as well after his girlfriend disappeared from the boat. It didn't end as badly as it could have thanks to a certain bard...
- Dysfunctional Family: The Dysfunctional Worth Fambly (as in Kage, Lily, Chase, Tyler Durden, Even and Hazar) even has this in the name.
- Bryn and Gunn Dottir. Though they seem to be subverting it ever so slowly.
- Ironhide, Ratchet, Mikaela, and Michelangelo.
- Mimmi and her not!children.
- The End of the World as We Know It
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: The Golden Shore. Those poor dropped characters...
- Everyone is Bi: There's a fair number of Anything That Moves bisexuals.
- Evil Minions: The crew, according to the passengers.
- Evil is Sexy: Asad and Shayn. Both of them hot, both of them so very, very evil. Also Maleficent and Ursula. 'Nuff said. Don't forget Hades.
- Fan Nickname: "The Failboat", see memetic mutation for the others. Also, Team Boy Squad.
- Foreign Queasine if you're Mimmi/Gertie/Asad or a suspicious passenger. Ponk will cause blood to shoot out of their eyes, and then they'll die. Ponk is forbidden to Jews and Muslims.
- Fourth Wall: 4th Wall Day!
- Friendship Moment: Gideon and Mimmi have a lot of these. Chief among them was when she was the only one who came to visit him while everyone else was at a Halloween Party (he couldn't attend because he was recovering from near-fatal injuries).
- Also their heart-to-heart while staying on the Isle Des Saphir.
- Gayborhood Welcome to the Gayborhood!
- God: Captain Redd.
- Government Drug Enforcement: The crew all have to take a strange blue liquid when Redd demands it. What it does is unknown.
- Hates Being Touched: 'Moramee.
- Ho Yay: Half the cast fits this.
- The other half? Les Yay.
- The other other half? Foe Yay, for the crew.
- Basically, someone is shipped with everyone at some point, seriously or crackily.
- Hulking Out Vincent and anyone stuck with his body for longer than five minutes. EVER.
- Humongous Mecha: The Autobots.
- Identical Stranger: Reno and Axel
- Idiot Ball: Figuratively. And literally.
- Impossibly Delicious Food: Ponk. Orgasmically Delicious for crew.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Lily and everyone.
- Jackass Genie: Redd
- Kill 'em All: The Captain, the crew, and the Heron all die. Along with every dropped character.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: No one can get pregnant. Ever.
- Local Hangout: Sergei's Bar & Grille, Oceanview Bar...
- Loves the Sound of Screaming: 'Moramee and Erol.
- Mama Bear: Mimmi. Just ask Link and Tony.
- Masquerade Ball: Event.
- Matter of Life and Death: Are you going into Carnival? It's likely to become this.
- Mean Characte Nice Actor: Dr Facilier and Kat, Azula/Hancock/Ganondorf and Sparky, Karis and Stefan, Meth and Mari, The Major and Kuruma, Razer and Nashi, Xanxus and Olivia...
- Memetic Mutations: KING DAT ASS, you're stupid and your boat is stupid, the captain is a great man, everyone is gay for Kage, Hergay, toothpaste is food, countless others.
- Missing Floor: Deck 19, Decks 21-55, Decks 57-75. For all we know, it's infinite.
- Mood Whiplash:
- The "making port" part of the Unnamed Event in April 2010.
- More than half of Vash's conversations.
- The Mutiny: Twice. Both failed.
- My Nayme Is: Erol, Jak, Razer, Redd, Rfena, Sulphur, Xanxus...
- Sulphur is an accepted alternate spelling of Sulfur, however.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Leading Eiren to Mother, the April 2010 event with Jennifer.
- No Indoor Voice:
- Not So Different: Simba and Scar. But don't tell Simba or it'll become a case of Break the Cutie.
- Older Than They Look: The crew or so they say. (Or, rather, Kage and Redd. The rest of the current crew are new to the boat.)
- Sort of subverted with the Autobots. Ironhide looks ancient.
- John Hancock
- Wind Waker!Link, for sure.
- Pit. He looks (and acts), what, thirteen, fifteen? He's actually hundreds of years old. At least, according to the mun.
- Xanxus. I honestly never would have guessed that he was 34. :|
- Vincent, but everyone knew that.
- Oven Logic: Lily and cupcakes.
- Overly Long Name: Baijznyherglert'allalax Sempotyllallalligrfturg.
- Overnight Age-Up: This has happened at least five times.
- Shadow Dictator: Captain Redd.
- Shower of Angst: only it's a bathtub, and dry. Get in.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Kate for Gideon.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Most of the characters land on the cynical end of the scale.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness Versus Seriousness: Is this a Horror Game or a Crack RP?
- Smoking is Cool: Razer, Jinx, and Wolfwood.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Lily is (supposedly) joining crew at the end of the voyage.
- Straight Gay: Most of the Ho Yay/Les Yay cast fall into this.
- Supreme Chef: Zeke, Herz, Tiana.
- Swimming Pool
- Team Chef: The Sergei's gang.
- Team Mom: Mimmi.
- Teen Genius: Donatello, Edward Elric, Sokka, Jim, Hiccup
- Trademark Favorite Foo}: TMNT and pizza, Herz and sweets, Zeke and smileyfruit/cheesecake, Lily and cupcakes, Bryn and Doritos, Vash and Donuts, Gavin and marshmallows, Gideon and oranges, Xanxus and meat.
- Treehouse of Fun
- Tykebomb: Lily. So, so Lily.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Major Kusanagi. What happened?!
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Captain Redd.