open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Naruto and Sasuke do this in Naruto; however, the two are on top of separate trees rather than laying on the ground.
- Arihiko recollects a time when he did this with Shiki in his Day in the Limelight story in Kagetsu Tohya.
- Tomoya and Sunohara sort of do this in CLANNAD, although they do make up the morning afterward, laughing at their own bruised faces.
- Kazuma and his father during the bath house episode of Kaze no Stigma.
- The Negi/Rakan fight in Mahou Sensei Negima! ends with one of these. Negi and Kotaro also occasionally do this.
- Samurai Champloo: Jin and Mugen's final fight.
- Eas and Cure Peach after their last fight in Fresh Pretty Cure!.
- England and Germany after playing soccer in Axis Powers Hetalia.
Live Action TV
- V (1983): Donovan didn't like Tyler, and Tyler didn't like Donovan. Things eventually come to a head in the last episode of the series where the two of them finally get into a fistfight. They manage to beat the snot out of each other with the result that both wind up lying on the ground next to one another. Somehow this generates respect for each other in the process.
- Star Trek: The Original Series episode "Shore Leave". While exploring an alien planet Captain Kirk meets Finnegan, an upperclassman who tormented him at Starfleet Academy. Finnegan taunts Kirk into a prolonged fight, which ends with both of them too tired to continue. It's later revealed that Finnegan was a robot created based on Kirk's memories.
- In Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Family", Picard comes home to his fuming older brother who was always a jealous bully to him. They throw punches, eventually stopping to laugh at themselves while they lie in the mud.
- Happens in the Quantum Leap episode "A Single Drop of Rain" between Sam and the brother of the man Sam leapt into.
- Asura and Yasha do this in a flashback sequence in Asura's Wrath.
- In Persona 4, Yosuke and the protagonist fight in the final scene of Yosuke's social link at his request.
- Yuri and Flynn do this after fighting in Tales of Vesperia.
- Never shown, but Marcus the super-mutant and Jacob the Brotherhood of Steel Paladin met in battle shortly after the Master's defeat at the end of Fallout. They ended up working together to found Broken Hills, discussing the philosophies of their respective sides.
Marcus: We tussled for a while... (chuckles) probably a day or two. Then we just started laughing: what was the point?
- This occurred in the backstory of the David Drake - Eric Flint Belisarius Series — Raghunath Rao and Rana Sanga fought a famous single combat, with their respective armies watching, that lasted for hours, both of them losing their weapons and wrestling in the course of it. As an eyewitness reported:
"By the end of the day, both men were too weak and exhausted to lift an arm, or even stand. So they lay down side by side and continued their combat with words.... Sanga ... swears he would rather fight a tiger with his own teeth than face Rao again on the field of philosophy."
- The Ur-Example is The Epic of Gilgamesh, between Gilgamesh and Enkidu.