Left to right: Lime, Eir, Sieg, and Dainn.Lunia 
is an MMORPG
developed by the Korean company Allm and published in North America by Ijji, in Europe by OGPlanet
, in Taiwan by Chinese Gamer, in South Korea by Nexon
, and in Brazil by Level Up! Games. Its global release was originally run by CDC Games USA at their 12 foot tall game portal, but 12 foot tall sold the game to Ijji. Lunia mixes elements of Action Games and RPGs together, making it a fun and unique game.
, you play as any of the available characters. You can buy new characters or get them through quests in-game. The characters that you can choose from in the beginning if you don't buy any extras are Eir the Healer, Dark Eir the Dark Healer, Dainn the Wizard, Sieg the Knight, Tia the Thief, Gaon the Spearman, and Arta the Engineer. The other characters that you can buy or do quests for are Lime the Combat Slime
, Dacy the Puppeteer, Yuki the Snow Girl, Krieg the Paladin, Arien the Archer, Ryan the bounty hunter, Kali the demonic bard, Asuka the Dual Wielding
Swordfighter, Ralph the Fighter, Gaon the Spearman, and Iris the flame Witch.
One of the distinguishing features of Lunia
is its combo system. You use the arrow keys to move around and the "A", "S" and "Spacebar" keys to attack. "A" is your normal attack, "S" is a special attack unique to your character and "Spacebar" is what you press in front of a monster that is knocked down. You can press them all in different combinations to create powerful attacks. Add in a few skills and you can pretty much solo the game until you reach myth. Then, you should probably get a party.
This game is the trope namer of:
Tropes that apply to Lunia
- Bare your Midriff: Most female characters. To name a few, Eir, Dark Eir, Tia, Lir, Arien to a slightly lesser extent, and Arta. May be others I didn't notice; You get so used to seeing it...
- Beating a Dead Player: Not the monsters. Some other people in PVP tend to do this for teh lolz.
- BFS: Sieg's sword.
- Big Bad: In episodes 1-3, Daru. In episodes 4-6, Rigel.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: In the finale of Episode 3, Sieg says to Daru: "Shut up! Your kind... should better go to hell!" For some reason, when Ijji changed the translation so that it made more sense, this was kept in. Also, you know those baby blue dragons? They're orange.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In episode 2, the snow girls and their queen. In episode 5, Most of the Lunia kingdom except for Eir, Sieg, Dainn, and Tia.
- Camera Lock On: On your character.
- Cut and Paste Environments
- Die, Chair! Die!: Lots of things you can smash to get various items. Rocks, Logs, Tall towers of crates...
- Distressed Damsel: Lir in Episode 6
- Fantasy Gun Control: Averted; The playable character Ryan uses guns, and a some of the Pirate enemies in Episode 4 use them as well.
- The Ghost: Eir's father, and Sieg's father. Until episode 6 in the case of Sieg's Father.
- Good wings Evil Wings: The rebirth wings. If you are playing a Dark Eir character, your rebirth wings are a dark purple/black. If you're playing any other character, they are light blue/white.
- Healing Hands: Runs in Eir's family, apparently. Gets annoying at the end of Episode 5 when you fight Eir's older sister.
- "I Know you're In There Somewehere" Fight: The fights against Christina and Lir.
- The War Sequence: Happens a few times through the storyline. The first example is Episode 1, stage 2.
- Panty Shot: When you're playing as Eir and you zoom the screen in enough you get a lot of these.
- Rainbow Pimp Gear: Especially early on in the game. You can eventually have an outfit that is both powerful and matches, but it takes time to get the items.
- Stationary Wings: The rebirth wings.
- Wake Up Call Boss: Daru. Depending on what class you're playing, even the Drake in the previous episode may have been one.
- Winged Humanoid: Your character after 3 rebirths. The wings get bigger the more you rebirth.
- Wings do Nothing: The rebirth wings are only there for show.