is a The Legend of Zelda
and Kingdom Hearts
crossover on Fanfiction.net by Zeldahearts1337
. It starts off peaceful enough: Zelda's getting married
, Link is off doing his own thing. Meanwhile, Sora, Kairi, and King Mickey are hanging around at Disney Castle, waiting for Riku to come back from a mission. Things kick up a notch when Zelda gets kidnapped
, and Riku has been discovered lost on the world of Hyrule, and soon (while picking up an Original Character
along the way) they discover their foe isn't what he seems...
Looming Darkness contains examples of:
- Another Side, Another Story: One chapter features Vanitas' POV.
- Arranged Marriage: Zelda gets caught up in one. The suitor: Marth.
- Turns out, The King of Hyrule was pulling everyone's strings, as the REAL arranged husband is Link.
- Back from the Dead: Vanitas.
- Big Damn Heroes: Roxas, Ven, and Xion interrupt Vanitas's cold blooded torturing of Sora just about when Sora hits his Despair Event Horizon.
- Brain Washed And Crazy: Riku, but he comes to his senses eventually.
- Creator Cameo: The author and a friend show up in Kakariko. Apparently they need directions getting to Castle Town.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most characters have shades of this, but Ciara and Roxas are the most prevalent.
- Determinator: Of course, Link. Although Ciara can certainly rival it.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Ciara calls out the Queen of Fairies herself for not giving aid to a mortally injured Sora.
- Evil Twin/Enemy Without: The story's Big Bad, Dark Link. Turns out, he's really Vanitas.
- Eye Scream: Ciara loses sight in her right eye so she can get Great Fairy Tears to save Sora from death.
- Fate Worse than Death: Not only does Dark Link mention that he has quite a few up his belt, but Sora nearly gets caught in one when he makes a deal with Vanitas to keep his friends and the Realm of Light safe by handing his heart (along with those of Roxas, Ventus, and Xion) for Vanitas to toy with however he wants.
- Foreshadowing: It varies from subtle to blatant, but if you pay attention The Reveal that Dark Link is Vanitas isn't much of a surprise.
- Heroic BSOD: Sora hits it when he loses control of Anti-Form and ends up severely hurting King Mickey and Riku.
- Ventus actually takes control of Sora's body when he finds that Vanitas is Not Quite Dead. How is he reacting? Absolutely terrified.
- After losing her eye, everyone's worry pushes Ciara over the brink.
- I Was Having Such a Nice Dream: Sora mentions that he was having a nice dream before Ciara wakes him for his turn at watch duty.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ciara tends to lean on negative emotions, but she will give up anything for her friends. Namely An eye, and her leg.
- Manipulative Bastard: Dark Link/Vanitas fits this trope to a 'T'. Sadistic choices and mind screws are preferred methods.
- Recurring Dreams: Sora having dreams of "...a boy who looked like Roxas..." and "...a masked boy."
- Unstoppable Rage: Ciara can keep her temper in check most of the time, but when she releases it, it's a very hard thing to stop and makes her unreasonable and stubborn.
- Word of God/What Could Have Been: The author has an entire section on trivia.