Killer voice, killer looks, what more do you need?
Elizabeth Egan Gillies, commonly known as Liz, is an American actress and singer. Born on July 26, 1993, she's best known for her roles of Lucy in 13
and Jade in Victorious
. Despite what these roles may suggest, she's really quite nice
. In case you'd want to follow her, she has a Twitter account
, YouTube account
, an Instagram
, and a Facebook
Compare Ariana Grande
Liz Gillies' work exhibits the following tropes:
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: As Jade, until she got a tan over the summer and dyed her hair black to better complement it.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: with Ariana Grande. Very, very few people people actually get the "heterosexual" part, though.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: While on Victorious, Jade is probably the biggest and most terrifying uber-bitch in all of Nickelodeon TV, in real life, Liz is actually very warm and humble - essentially the complete opposite.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: When she does sing, she's got one hell of a voice.
- The Perfectionist: Has mentioned in a few interviews that she is this.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: The number of voices she does on Victorious alone is quite impressive, she did a very convincing "man voice" during one of Sikowitz's drive-by acting exercises, and of course there's Jade's impression of Tori, which is actually Liz's impression of Judy Garland. In fact, during a scene in which Tori attempted to imitate Jade's mocking of her, Elizabeth Gillies actually dubbed that line. In other words, Liz voiced Victoria Justice attempting to imitate Liz's imitation of Judy Garland. In the episode "Opposite Date", she did a spot-on impression of Cat, including her distinct laugh. In addition, she played Daphne on Winx Club, in a voice that sounds totally different from her normal voice.
- Not to mention the voice she used when she and Ariana prank called Avan Jogia in this video.