was a shared RPGA campaign setting for the Star Wars
role-playing game from Wizards of the Coast
. First released in 2001 and available for RPGA members only, the campaign ran for five "seasons" in nearly five years, taking place during the Prequel Trilogy of the Star Wars
This series contains the following tropes:
- Early-Bird Cameo: While not a cameo per se, Almas and villain Raik Muun were used in the Dawn of Defiance campaign later.
- False Flag Operation: Happens in the first module.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: As In most RPGA modules of the time, the adventures were officially retired after around two years of activity. Thus, this is the only way to get a hold of the modules today.
- Marth Debuted in Smash Bros.: Since all of the modules were out of distribution at the time of the fourth module of Dawn of Defiance, several of those who played were unaware that Raik was a villain fought (and told outright in the module to be killed) in the Living Force campaign five years earlier.
- The Obi-Wan: One of the supplementary articles during the Clone Wars portion of the campaign had this, as Jedi characters had to roll a die during their first Living Force session after publication. If they failed the roll, their master had been killed while fighting in the war.
- Time Skip: The entire system jumps forward seamlessly 10 years to coincide with the time skip in Attack of the Clones.
- You All Meet in a Cantina: The first module, once again.