Victory Girl, our young heroine.Little Victory
is a new comic from Phillip M. Jackson (aka JollyJack), creator of the webcomic SequentialArt
. In a world where most of the world's superheroes work under the auspices of the United Nations, Vicky Powers, aka Victory Girl is the newly deployed super to San Fransico (and thus the US West Coast).
Tropes Used In the Series:
- Anti-Hero: Smoker
- Awesome by Analysis: Proto. Vicky's training seems to included a lot of information on types of threats and such allowing her to sum up what she's facing and adjust her tactics.
- Bleached Underpants: The artist also draws some fairly risqué material on the side, selling it on his site for money. So far, none appear to involve the Little Victory universe.
- The artist is also very adamant about this, going far out of his way to prevent people from distributing his material for free on the internet.
- More of an aversion really, since he's still drawing the naughty stuff- it's even advertised on his main site. The reason he's against his portfolios being shared is because they're the majority of his income, as he's ranted about several times.
- Badass Adorable: Vicky, of course.
- Character Tiers: Used in-universe to classify a superhuman's Power Levels.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Victory Girl has to deliver three beatdowns in quick succession on her first day on the job. Between them, only Boomstick puts up anything close to a decent fight, and even then she isn't able to so much as injure Vicky.
- Eldritch Abomination: Cedros.
- Flying Brick: Victory Girl.
- Hartman Hips -> Art Evolution -> Impossible Hourglass Figure
- Hired Guns: Boomstick, who was hired so her employers could gauge Victory Girl's powers.
- Humongous Mecha
- Jerk Ass: Nayler may have some justification in feeling that a UN agency is stepping on DHS territory, but the way she takes it out on Vicky...
- LEGO Genetics: Crippin's specialty.
- Mask of Power: How Cedros manifests.
- The Men in Black: Invoked by the English super organization, ODA.
- Mission Control: Grazier on the villain side, though the second issue makes it clear he does field work as well.
- Most Common Superpower: Averted with Victory Girl herself, but does show up in others such as Agent Nayler and Boomstick.
- Oh, Crap: Boomstick gets a good one when she realizes that she did little more than tick off our heroine.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Agent Nayler highly resents having to work with 'outsiders' for a job she feels her own agency (Dept of Homeland Security) should be handling it. As such, she does nothing without things being taken though all channels.
- Power Glows: Seen when Victory Girl cuts loose.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Grazier.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Okay, Boomstick isn't that small, but she does pack a BIG gun.
- Supervillain Lair
- Technically a Smile: The... thing Agent Nayler does with her mouth after she's been told by her superiors to "be nice" to Vicky.