what Jeff and Adam think of your late-game expansion.
Life's A Glitch TV
(commonly abbreviated as LAGTV) is a YouTube
channel hosted by two Canadian guysnote
named Adam (NovaWar) and Jeff (MaximusBlack). They have done some Let's Plays
for Resident Evil 5
, Portal 2
and Left 4 Dead 2
, although they are mostly known for their StarCraft II
commentary series called "When Cheese Fails 101", which was retooled for a season "Will Cheese Fail?" and has since returned to the "When Cheese Fails" format.
Though which player will win is not necessarily known because of the existence of double cheeses.
Unlike their contemporaries such as Day Nine
, Husky Starcraft
, and TotalBiscuit
, who cast games from the level of Tournament Play
, LAGTV casts fan-submitted replays of mid- to high-level Ladder games
submitted by their fans, in an attempt to analyze in-depth what happens when cheese tactics
fail. The games are typically cast blind, with neither NovaWar nor MaximusBlack knowing what is going to happen. While the series is primarily intended for entertainment, Adam and Jeff are also excellent commentators
, dissecting in detail what each player is doing right and wrong. Players who want to learn how to defend against cheese—or perpetrate it!—should consider this show required reading.
LAGTV also casts more traditional 1v1 Ladder games, typically introduced as "Normal-Ass Normal Games" to keep them separate from When Cheese Fails 101 proper. They have additionally produced a series called "NovaWar Says," in which Jeff has to play 2v2 StarCraft
games under constraints chosen by Adam. Their second channel, LAGTV2
, was originally slated for just Minecraft gameplay videos and has since panned out into a Lets Play channel of various games and their "Dear LAGTV" series.
MaximusBlack and NovaWar are known for their insightful analysis, upbeat personality
, natural chemistry
and poop jokes
. Lots of poop jokes.
MaximusBlack was crowned King Of The Web for the period of June 1 - June 15 2012.Head to their website for more.Needs Wiki Magic Love
- Artistic License - Religion: Jeff doesn't seem to know even the most basic elements of Christianity, which is doubly funny because 1) his Minecraft avatar is Black Jesus and 2) Adam is a devout Christian, and will call Jeff on his errors.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Jeff tends to kill any mob he comes across, which has caused trouble in both the long termnote and the short termnote .
- Attack! Attack... Retreat! Retreat!: Jeff's adventures in the Nether tended to turn into this.
- Happens almost perfectly in Part 40, where he charges at a Ghast while shouting, then turns around and runs away while screaming like a little girl.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Jeff pretty well has a one-track mind when it comes to diamonds. This has lead him to taking insanely foolish risks, charging into danger blindly, and sometimes passing up or even destroying valuable resources like Redstonenote because he doesn't give a damn about them.
- Climactic Music: Jeff enters the nether
- Enthusiasm vs. Stoicism: The guys' playstyles can be summarized loosely this way. Adam is cautious and prefers to get everything in order (like securing food supplies and shelter), while Jeff charges headlong into adventure and danger which often causes more trouble than it's worth.
- Epic Fail: "FailCraft" episodes in the Minecraft series show unusual or strong screwups.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In his house in Minecraft, Jeff had built a "pit of death", an extremely deep pit with lava at the bottom. This pit has killed Jeff 3 times, and helped in causing him to lose a lot of valuable items.
- Nintendo Hard: The pair wasn't very fond of the Temple of the Gods adventure maps.
- Odd Couple: Comes across very strongly in the Minecraft videos. Jeff's videos will feature adventuring, risk taking, exploring, etc., while Adam's involve growing food, building or adjusting something, or doing more "maintenance" type things. The pair gladly lampshades it by referring to themselves as Indiana Jones and Martha Stewart.
- Orphaned Series: In one stream Jeff remarks that Lagcraft is being discontinued because it wasn't pulling down the kind of viewership numbers they wanted. He still does Minecraft himself, both solo as Bousecraft and sometimes in conjunction with other YouTube streamers.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: "Volumptuous", a word Jeff coined to describe watermelons. Presumably a portmanteau of "delicious" and "voluptuous", since he previously compared said melons to Pamela Anderson's breasts.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Jeff, especially when he runs into Creepers. Lampshaded by Adam in one episodenote , where he says "Welcome to Lagcraft, where Jeff tests his vocal range every time he dies in lava."
- Tempting Fate: After Jeff does well in the first session of Lagcraft Season 2 due to playing things more cautiously, he gets boastful, calling himself a Minecraft pro and saying that not even seasoned players could do as well as him. So naturally in the second session he reverts to his usual careless ways and falls into lava twice within the span of 30 minutes, losing all the diamonds he'd collected up to that point (not to mention getting killed by a Gold Armored Zombie because he charged it while at low health in the hopes of scoring the armor).
- Too Dumb to Live: Jeff has a few problems in Minecraft, including digging straight down and/or upnote , attacking anything that moves, and focusing so much on adventuring that he can't be bothered to maintain normal food suppliesnote .
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: Part of the reason Adam and Jeff hated the Temple of the Gods maps so much was because they tried to turn Minecraft into a Platform Game, which it isn't made to do at all.