Lani Minella is an American voice actress and talent director who remains prominent to this day, with over 450 roles to her name. From her start in 1968, she's not only become a prominent name in the voice acting industry, but she's also grown successful enough to start her own company, Audio Godz
. She sports a very
wide vocal range (four octaves, almost unlimited accents, and both male and female characters), and states that she's willing to work whatever job she's hired on for, from video games and animation to narration, to even IVR recordings.
Her IMDB profile is here,
and her Voice123 profile is here.
Characters voiced by Lani Minella
- Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Battle, Sonic Heroes - Rouge the Bat, Omochao
- Evil Zone - Alty Al Lazel, Midori Himeno, Ihadulca
- Super Smash Bros Brawl - Pit, Lucas, Lyn
- New Super Mario Bros Wii - Larry, Morton, Wendy and Lemmy.
- The Nancy Drew video games - Nancy Drew
- Soul Calibur III and onwards - Ivy
- World of Warcraft - Succubus, Banshee
- S.W.A.T. Global Strike Team - Sniper Lee
- Frogger: The Great Quest - Fairy Frog Mother
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PSX) - Maya Amano
- Alien Resurrection - Ellen L. Ripley
- Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes - Jane, Additional Voices
- Twisted Metal 4 - Zanita Corbett, Neg Jones
- Blue Stinger: Janine King
- Borderlands - Steele
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Lucia von Bardas
- Darksiders - Silitha, Tiamat
- Astal: All characters.
- The Professor Layton series: Luke Triton
- Mass Effect 3: Eve
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Micaiah, Rolf, Mia
- The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Irileth, various other female dark elves
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Girl, Mother, Clarice, Justine
- Shadowman - Mama Nettie
Tropes applying to Lani Minella:
- Cool Old Lady: Reading through or watching interviews online gives one the impression that she can mix her work with a little joking now and then. Even her Voice123 profile states her other skills as 'Writing, Directing, Casting, Producer, Designer, Studio production and sound design, piano, art, horticulture, animal lover and environmentally friendly person with a vast repertoire and pile of jokes.'
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Among others, Wirt.
- Dawson Casting: Given her vocal range, she can play it straight, avert it, subvert it, avert it completely, and exaggerate this trope depending on the role. Listen to the demonstration close to the end of this interview.
- Large Ham: She is perfectly capable of voicing a character that's hungry for some backdrops. Bonus points if they just happen to be well-written on top of that.
- Talking To Herself: Quite a few of her voice acting credits have more than one voice attached to them.
- Unions In Hollywood: She's a member of SAG-AFTRA, but willing to take non-union roles.
- Vocal Dissonance: Her range makes this a given, but still, considering some of the roles she's done can provoke people to think, "That voice came out of her?" Nancy Drew fans were especially surprised.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: According to her Voice123 profile, the range of voices she can perform guarantee that she will never, ever get typecast in one particular style. Compare, for example, her voicework for Wirt from Diablo to her voiceovers for Sindel from Mortal Kombat.