open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Vampirella spawned even more, e.g. the "Portuguese Vampirella" Zakarella.
- Cyberella, an obscure title from DC's failed Helix line. Although the eponymous Cyberella was originally called Li'l Ella before she was retooled in the 1990s.
- In the '60s, in Germany a few short-lived "answers" to Barbarella appeared. The comic Uranella and the film-comic Evarella (both NSFW) are to name.
- "Webarella" is the in-universe persona of Wydowna Spider.
- Again, name comes from "Cinderella", although it was meant to be something cruel and demeaning, to remark on how she would get covered in ashes as a servant.
- Ironically, it was the kinder version of her nickname, as the other sister called the title character "Cinderwench" or even "Cinderslut", depending on the translation.
- Other fairy tales with -ella endings:
- The French fairy tale "Rosanella" - the titular princess is named so because she has a rose printed on her throat.
- Another French fairy tale, "Peronella" by François Fénelon, which is about a country girl who switches places with an old queen.
- "Prunella" from Andrew Lang's Grey Fairy Book is another example.
- A few stories from the Pentamerone, notably Cannetella, Petrosinella (a variant of Rapunzel), and Rosella.
Films — Animation
- Citrusella Flugpucker, a background character from Wreck-It Ralph.
Films — Live-Action
- In Fraggle Rock, Doc's friend Ned Schimmelfinney's cat (and Sprocket's nemesis) is named "Fluffenella."
- Goombella from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- The Non-Adventures of Wonderella has several such named characters, including Hitlerella, Plunderella and Jokerella. When faced with a flower-themed supervillainess who calls herself "The Orchid", Wonderella suggests she call herself "Flowerella" instead.
- In Penny and Aggie, after the two become friends, Penny often calls Aggie by affectionate nicknames related to her Granola Girl nature. One of these is "Bead-ella."
- League of Super Redundant Heroes has Distracterella (a supervillainess whose sole power is to distract males with her assets), spoofing the tendency for this naming convention in superhero stories.
- When Leela gets superpowers in Futurama, she calls herself "Clobberella".
Clobberella beats you up, Clobberella beats you up. Who does she beat up? You!
- The Simpsons:
- The local version of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, Booberella.
- And Bluella. Who is a whale.
- Scarecrowella, the name of the Cinderella spoof in Magic Adventures of Mumfie.
- The Vampyrella is not, however, inspired by Vampirella. It is an amoeba sucking on algae, and the name is about a century older.