Kick Start, Fighter Launch! throttle set to full! Speedking, Race to win! Afterburners roaring! Ghost-like counterstrike takes them by surprise! Score 307, Israelis rule the Heavens! —The dragoon, Geno Raithin, singing "Counterstrike" by Sabaton
Kriegsmaiden is an anime-esque writing universe formed by the conglomeration of multiple writers and their styles.The general 'focus' tends to vary by writer, but all of the work takes place in the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies, in which a powerful alien race from what may well be a different universe, known as the Mythos
, has come and is, for yet unknown reasons, is trying to wipe out all life in these two galaxies.Most planets go about unknowing of the powerful threat hanging over their heads, where as others are essentially the front lines against these dangerous beings. And there's still the threats already among them to deal with.The 'Modern Era' is 2050 Anno Domoni of the Earth callendar, right in the middle of the 'War of the Magi', AKA the Magic War. While this is far from the 'End' of the Kriegsmaiden world, as all in all it's spanning two galaxies, which is a LOT bigger than you think.The first short novel in the setting is available here at Lulu.com!
This show provides examples of:
- Bilingual Bonus: Kriegsmaiden=War Woman
- BFG: Many gun-using Kriegsmaiden tend to use really big guns, such as Julia Makai's Helbore Rifle. A modified Lahti L-39 Anti TANK Rifle that operates much like a small Hellbore Anti SPACESHIP Cannon!
- BFS: The Claymore-class battleships...are Spaceships...designed to both look like, and WORK like swords bigger than most Skyscrapers!
- Cat Girl: The Taoka species of Kriegsmaiden are all distinctly cat-like in appearance and mannerisms.
- Deconstruction: Mainly of many different classic anime scenarios, though at the same time many stories simultaneously reconstructed.
- Hot-Blooded: Zack BLEEDS FIRE.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Zack has thousands of Kriegsmaiden's children.
- Person of Mass Destruction: EVERY Kriegsmaiden, most of the high-class Kriegsmaestros, the Metalfiends, the Mythos, the Goddesses, a vast majority of Spellcasters, etc,etc
- Powered Armor: A variety of kinds, including the 'Berzerker' armor, powered by the wearer's anger.
- Rated M for Manly: Technically almost every male Kriegs Maestro and a surprising number of Kriegs Maiden also fit this trope.
- Savedfrom Development Hell: Was in the works for FOUR YEARS! It was only due to a metric crapton of help from members of [[Pokegirls]] community that it got as far as it did, and a slip of the fingers it was published at all!
- Testosterone Poisoning: Zack
- Understatement: Considering the general theme of the world, kind of expected.
- Unwanted Harem: As Kriegsmaestros are selected, not by choice or ability, but by genetics...having a Squad of Kriegsmaiden isn't always a desired occurrence, especially since commanding a team of Kriegsmaiden[the fore-mentioned Squad] means that you're a soldier and are about to be rung through bootcamp and have to take on what's essentially Lovecraftian Monstrosities who simply want you dead for no reason they're willing to give.
- Word of God: Is available upon request, as the author of the novel, now available for purchase, is a member of TV Tropes. Specifically, Troper 'Hotaru'.