WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Klaus Von Hohenloe is an anime and video game reviewer. He also doesn't like most anime. It can be debated whether he likes anything but criticizing (next to GlaDOS and Cowboy Bebopnote
), but that's beside the point.
He is assisted by a guy whose name he refuses to learn and Nina, who reads out the Japanese translations of the segment titles.
Since his YouTube channel got taken down, his reviews can be seen only on blip.tv, where his team goes as http://psohb.blip.tv/note
This reviewer provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Klaus, especially in his Top 6. Savvy enough to utilize to enhance reviews, though.
- Anachronic Order: The Introduction to the Baccano! review.
- Accentuate the Negative: He could go on all day if it wouldn't drive him nuts. It is even lampshaded by The Assistant.
- Berserk Button: Harem shows, out-of-place fanservice and boring movies.
- Caustic Critic: Yes indeed.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Ponyo… of all things Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.
- Covert Pervert: Why Top Six Favourite Anime? Because six sounds like sex. The weird stuff he's wearing and the repeated panty shots and fanservice? Making a point!
- Creepy Crossdresser: Klaus tries to persuade his assistant to go to a con crossplaying as Panty and Stocking.
- Distracted by the Sexy: To parody the massive amounts of fanservice in High School Of The Dead.
- 8.8: He explicitly states that his opinion on The Place Promised In Our Early Days is drasticaly different from the internet mainstream. Also, he likes to give out such ratings, as Baccano made him despair
- Either/Or Title: He gives them to every anime: "Sex and Violence: A Zombie's Tale", "Draculas Hate Water", "100 Ways to Say Death", "The Day the Earth Stood Bored", "Sssooouuuulll Eeeaatteerr", "Sexy Jeeves", Bloodgasm! "Buddha's Bike Ride", "Kite Liberator or Shit Shit Shitty Shit Shitty Shit", Something Fishy Is Going On…, "Blah Blahblah", "LSD - Orgy of Chaos", "7 Reasons to Hate Anime", "Why Game Devs Shouldn't Write", "Saving Private Cottontail", "Murderless Body-Swapping Queen", "Nedagon or: Gomera Is The Friend To NO ONE!", "The Shame of a Nation", "In Every Critic's Life, a Little Rain Must Fall" and "Cowboy Bebop - The Movie, or: 2 Hours of Awesome".
- Engrish: The Assistant tries to cheer Klaus up with this after Strait Jacket.
- Foreshadowing: In the Cat Shit One review, he calls The Assistant "Sebastian". The review after that features a demon with the very same name.
- Kawaii Ko: Nina.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: He comes up with creative new types of enemies like ninja mummies, weresnakes and sharktopusses.
- No Name Given: The Assistant.
- Noodle Incident: A light version. "Sir, what are you wearing?" "I'm making a point about pantyshots. FETCH THE CAMERA!"
- “Granted I think I blacked out a every now and again and I don't know why there was blood on my hand the next day.“
- Seven Deadly Sins: Of Anime, demonstrated on Blassreiter.
- Unusual Euphemism: Deep geografical knowledge and strenuous research for looked it up on wikipedia and googled it.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: One of him main criticism of Casshern Sins was overuse of symbolism to the point that it became meaningless.
- Yandere: He's into women like Gla DOS, and is himself one for her.