Kir Bulychev Works
These are the works of Russian Science Fiction / Speculative Fiction Literature writer Kir Bulychev.
- Alice, Girl from the Future: Kir Bulychev's most famous cycle, about the adventures of a schoolgirl who lives 100 years in The Future and travels around the galaxy with her father, meeting many strange creatures. Several movies and games have been made, the most famous one being Guest from the Future.
- Great Gusliar: Mundane Fantastic events in a city that is visited by aliens.
- Doctor Pavlysh: Space Operas about an Action Survivor starship doctor.
- Andrew Bruce: The adventures of an agent of the Space Navy, who uncovers conspiracies on alien planets. The Andrew Bruce adventures were written with more focus on moral dilemmas, and were based on the author's time in the Orient.
- Intergalactic Police: A series about Kora Orvat, a Space Police agent who is a tougher She Is All Grown Up version of Alice, Girl from the Future. The Intergalactic Police would eventually Cross Over into the main "Alice, Girl from the Future" continuity.
- Institute of Expertise: A small series about an Extranormal Institute, whose heroes later appear in...
- Theater of Shadows: A series of three books in which people visit and study an Alternate Universe.
- River Chronos: Alternate History Detective Drama novels in which the heroes use Time Travel to change events. They save the Tsar from assassination, develop the atomic bomb ten years early, and resurrect Lenin.
- Veryovkin: Speculative Fiction set in a Crapsack World city that is a sadder version of Great Gusliar.
- Ligon: Adventure series set in a Fictional Country based on the author's experiences in Burma.
- Crane in the Hands: A war in an Alternate Universe begins to interfere with our world.
- Abduction of the Sorcerer: Time travellers from The Future abduct geniuses to save them from death. A girl named Anna ends up as a spectator of one such operation.
- Strange Memory: Professor Rzhevsky clones himself. The clone begins to investigate his purpose and the life of the professor.
- The City Above: After the End of a devastating war on a planet, archaeologists discover the survivors living in an Elaborate Underground Base that has become a brutal tyranny ruled by military and industrial oligarchs.
- Death on the Floor Below: The Soviet government covers up an environmental disaster. Written as a critique of Mikhail Gorbachev around the time of The Great Politics Mess-Up.
- The Mystery of Urulgan: A young English woman arrives in pre-Red October Siberia to search for a missing explorer and finds that a meteor is actually a crashed alien spaceship whose occupants are still frozen inside.
- A Pet: A few hundred years after an Alien Invasion by the Lizard Folk placed the Earth under the alien yoke, humans are treated as animals, while La Résistance fights to liberate the conquered planet.
- Asylum: Intended to be the first book in a series that would have been a Russian response to Harry Potter. The boy Seva has to save the fairy-tale characters by finding them a place to live. But Author Existence Failure prevented the series from taking off.
- Half a Life: A Short Story anthology.
- Earth and Elsewhere
- Those Who Survive — in Doctor Pavlysh series, partially adapted as animated film
- The Last War — in Doctor Pavlysh series