is a french audio Web series parodying
the famous video game Kingdom Hearts
, created by an internaute known as Ishtun.
The story mostly takes the plot of of the original Kingdom Hearts
game, changing the characters' names into french puns and alterning their characters. As a result, it focuses on Dora, a boy who ends up chosen to bear the Keyblade after his world was consumed by Darkness, and is forced to go on a quest with Magician Cobalt and soldier Gecko to stop the Evil Sorceress
Pathetic from opening the Gate of Darkness. Hilarity Ensues
The series involves a lot of Medium Awareness
and Black Comedy
, and some puns cannot be understood if you don't speak french. It can be found here
Provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptational Villainy: Dora the Explorer turns out to be the Big Bad.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Invoked by Thorium:
"Not fun... One day you will see, I'll do like my cousin the MCP
, and I'll fuck you all..."
- And Then What?: Pou, Lia and Koff intend to kill everyone in the Universe so only then will remain as the superior beings. Jack answers them with this trope, causing Pou to reveal he intends to continue killing everybody (including themselves) after that. Cue to the two others turning against him and the three of them killing each others.
Cobalt: So that's how morons regulate their own number...
- Anti-Climax Boss: Invoked as a Running Gag: with a few exceptions, any boss will end up becoming this thanks to something interfering with the fight and defeating them before the heroes get to do anything. By the time they reach Pathetic, Dora is sick of it:
- Anti-Hero: Dora is a Type I-II.
- Cobalt is a Type IV; he means well for Disneyland, but he is willing to extreme such as a torture to reach his goal.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In her Evil Gloating, Pathetic informs the protagonists she will soon gain the power to summon Darkness, Chaos and their parents in her office.
- Bad Boss: Pathetic, as shown in her first appearance:
"SHUT UP WHEN I AM LAUGHING!"
- Gaz Mask is by far worst.
- Berserk Button: Cobalt hates Communists and will go berserk whenever they are involved. Apparently, all Disneylandians are like him... except Gecko, who doesn't know what a Communist is.
- Big Bad: Initially seems to be Pathetic. Later revealed to be her Master, the "Gaz Mask", AKA Dora the Explorer.
- Bittersweet Ending: The villains are all defeated and the worlds that had been consumed by Darkness are gradually rebuilding themselves; however, Dora had to be trapped on the other side of the door, which has been definitely closed. He is initially horrified, but gets over it by the end and seems on his way to fight the monsters he is trapt with and find a a way to get out alive.
- Black Comedy: A lot.
- Butt Monkey: Dora, due to having the same name than a certain kid show character, gets constantly mocked by everyone who hears his name.
- The Caligula: The King of Disneyland isn't seen enough to judge, but he has to be this to chose to name Gecko as his captain of the guards.
- Cats Have Nine Lives: Comically exaggerated; In Wonderlands, cats have 59 lifes.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Would be shorter to list the characters who aren't subjects to this.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Despite being the Only Sane Man in the group, Cobalt seems far too willing to use Electric Torture or just plain torture to get informations out of people. Regardless, he still remains more or less well-intentioned toward Disneyland.
- Wasa also has shades of this in his return, having become a Sylvestre Stallone spoof.
- Composite Character: Wasa is both a parody of Wakka and the Beast.
- Crazy Enough to Work: When confronted by an entire horde of enemies, Wasa attempts to avoid being slaughtered by suggesting them to play a card game. It works.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: taking inspiration on Ozymandas, Cyber-Dora and Anselle explain their plan to the protagonist only a hour after already starting it.
- Do with Him as You Will: ADSL ends up caught by two Daleks, presumably sent by Gaz Mask. Rather than kill him, they decide to hand him over to the Heart Princesses, who then proceeds to make him go through a Saw-like test.
- Drunk on the Dark Side: Rikouille, big time.
- Easily Forgiven: Averted; Dora doesn't take well Cobalt and Gecko abandonning him after finding out Rikuillle was the true wielder of the Keyblade. When he actually gets it back and they try to team up with him again, he tries to get rid of them and go of his own until he realizes he needs their help.
- Evil Is Hammy: Pathetic takes this trope and runs with it as much as she can. She is hammy even when washing her hands, preparing her snack and playing Super Mario Bros.
- Also, Rikuille is significantly hammier than before after his Face-Heel Turn.
- Evil Sorceress: Pathetic.
- Failure Hero: Dora. Really, the only reason he keeps advancing is because someone or something usually ends up coming to his help out of nowhere everytime there is a fight. He had so few actual victories of his own that he still is level 2 by the end of the story.
- Fake Russian: Tutti-Frutti (Oogie-Boogie's counterpart) and the Halloweenians are pictured as a parody of the Soviet Union.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: Invoked with Rikuille's new look after he consumed the Tenebeuh. Dora even points out he is using one of Pathetic's old skirts as what he intends to use as a Badass Cape, but only ends up making him look ridiculous.
- Freudian Excuse: Dora the Explorer ended up going psycho after getting mocked constantly for having the same name than the protaginist, to the point it ruined her carriere and her life.
- Fun with Acronyms: The CIA here means "Conferation International des Enfoirés" (french for "International Conferation of Bastards"). According to the characters, they were too dumb to realize "Enfoirés" was written with a "E" and not a "A".
- Gender Bender: ADSL actually was the Goddess Hel when he was born and went through a sex change.
- Genius Ditz: Gecko. Most of the time, he is a complete moron, but he often has sudden sparks of intelligence. Later revealed to be due to the fact he is a Terminator.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Dora has his Conscienciousness and Unconscienciousness talking in his head as this. Though his Conscienciousness isn't all that nice.
- I Am A Humanitarian: The inhabitants of Halloween.
Jack: We will need to go through the graveyard where we bury our comrads killed by the cold.
Cobalt: Killed by the cold, or gutted by the wolves?
Jack: O, no, we eat those ones.
- Idiot Ball: Otherwise fairly intelligent ADSL fails to remember he has a fiery hair when he has to jump in a tube of a burning alcohol.
- Idiot Hero: Dora zig-zag between being a relatively sane but ineffectual hero and a complete moron. Gecko, on the other hand, is a complete moron almost all the time.
- Laughably Evil: The CIA as a whole, but Pathetic stands out especially.
- Legion of Doom: The CIA.
- The Load: Gecko is seen as this by Cobalt and Dora, to the point they repeatedly try to get rid of him, in vain.
- Memetic Loser: Dora is a In-Universe exemple. He has the name of an infamous kid cartoon character, is dressed goofy with ridiculous choses, has an ugly impractical weapon and is specialized in Lame Comebacks. Ironically, this ends up playing in his favour: the Keyblade is a weapon for weak, meaning that, being the weakest of all, he deserves it better than Rikuille.
Anselle: "Weakness reaches such a level of concentration in this guy, the Keyblade can only come back to him. Take it away from him as much as you want; sooner or later, he will say something even lamer than before, and get his weak weapon back!"
- This is actually the reason behind the main villain's motivation: he was such a loser that even the original Dora got mocked for sharing his name, leading her to madness.
- Negative Space Wedgie: Rikuille creates one with an attack to give life to Dora's shadow.
- Normal Fish in a Tiny Pond: Gecko is an absolute idiot, but Halloweenian Science are so unadvanced that even he is considered a genius by them. Cobalt actually misses the chance to get rid of him by letting him accept Tutti-Frutti's offer because he fears he might actually cause science to advance in Halloween.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Gecko. Even Sipheroth couldn't kill him. Justified in that he actually is a terminator.
- Only Sane Man: Cobalt usually acts as this in the protagonists' team. Considering he is an Insufferable Genius Heroic Comedic Sociopath, that says a lot on our her "heroes".
- ADSL in the CIA. He is the only one to realize how stupid it is to try to rely on Dora to find the Locks and that they should just kill him.
- Power High: Rikuille, big time.
- Taken to ridiculously litteral extreme when Anselle provides him with the Tenebeuh, a drug working through Darkness energy and providing him even more power.
- Rebellious Princess: Actymel
- Rock Beats Laser: Hilariously parodied when Tutti-Frutti states he once won against "capitalist tanks" using pitchforks:
ADSL: Yeah, sure... the pilot was so busy laughing his ass off when he saw you attack him with your gardenning instruments that he didn't notice he was going right into a pit!
Tutti-Frutti: A pit we had dug!
- Same Character, but Different: Wasa initially is introduced as a brutish, stupid, bullying almost animal-esque character who can only talk in Hulk Speak and is generally antagonistic toward Dora. When he comes back, he is now covered with fur, has learnt how to speak proprerly, is more of a Sylvestre Stallone impersonnator and ends up in fairly good terms with Dora.
- Shock and Awe: this is Cobalt's favourite way to kill or torture his opponents.
- Shout-Out: Too many to be listed.
- The Smart Guy: Cobalt.
- Split Personality: Jack the Schyzo, as suggested by his name. and his own Split Personality has a Split Personality!
- The Stoner: Dora.
- They Killed Kenny: As a reference to the fate of the character she is based on, Aeromite, the parody of Aeris, will often get killed in gruesome ways, only to come back alive and well later.
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: Ansell tries posessing Rikuille for his own purposes. Rikuille ends up taking over him.
- Villain Ball: Pustula decides to betray Actymel (who up until this point actually was on her side) just For the Evulz.
- Villains Out Shopping: Thanks to Chaos disturbing space and time, Dora, Gecko and Cobalt end up catching Sipheroth playing with action figures in his room. Cue him chasing them to protect his reputation.
- Hilariously played straight with Pathetic, who is shown doing various very mundane activities... while still expressing herself in her usual over-the-top, hammy way.
- World of Snark
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Gaz Mask inflicts this to all the other villains of the series, Thorium excepted.