—Cactus Donathan, Instant Classic
Candace, we don't do this to compete; we do it for fun. Ferb: And
for the ladies. Rrrowr!
The juvenile serial dater. He hasn't even graduated from high school (possibly even middle school) yet, and he's already gone through as many girls as The Casanova
, possibly more, high school dating being what it is
. The only thing that differentiates him from The Casanova is that, because of his age and his show's target demographics, it's highly unlikely that he and his dates are having sex. At least, it'll be a cold day in hell before the Media Watchdogs
let anybody even think
Compare Chick Magnet
. His Distaff Counterpart
is the Fille Fatale
. If he's young enough, this may result in Toy Ships
. NOT a child-friendly version of a statistical analysis technique.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Superboy: His list of girlfriends is long, especially when you consider that he's, at most, two years old.
- DJ (Mark Sheppard) of the New X-Men, voted "class flirt" by his friends. Even as he lays dying after being blown up by the Purifiers he still takes the time to hit on the newly-arrived X-23 before succumbing to his wounds.
- TheGreatAlicornHunt: Arguably, Breezy Shy, Fluttershy's kid brother... who within moments of his first appearance has all four members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders glomping onto him.
Films — Animated
Films — Live Action
- Olver from The Wheel of Time
- Rant, a.k.a. Buster Casey. Racked up a list of most of the females in his school before he left home. Notice the use of the word "females", not just the female students.
- Otto in Someone Else's War is very kind and polite, but always the first to appreciate a girl's beauty, quite vocally at that. (He's twelve.)
- In The Gerosha Chronicles, older Donte is generally ignored by women - except for his clingy girlfriend Candi. Donte, from the time he meets Candi, seems to have eyes only for her. But when Donte was much younger and long before he met Candi, such as in the timeline of the story Of Emeralds and Sapphires, young Donte seemed to have an Unwanted Harem. Nearly every girl in the neighborhood had a crush on him, though girls were invisible to him at the time. He was far too busy avenging Hector and trying to be a Morality Chain for the Sapphire King.
- Sunny's brother Chukwu in Akata Witch, to the point that Sunny wrote an essay about it. He struck out hard with Sunny's friend Chichi, though.
- Swedish writers Anders Jacobsson and Sören Olsson usually have main characters, who are what they like to call "girl charmers". Sune is between seven and eleven years old, Bert is between eleven and sixteen years old.
- Oberyn Martell from A Song of Ice and Fire was 12 years old when he fathered his first daughter, Obara. He's 42 by the time she's almost 30. He was also found in bed with the paramour of one of his brother's men at 16.
Live Action TV
- Drake of Drake & Josh. Very much so. An official count numbers the girls he's shown dating in the series to be over 60. You will never see him dating a girl you saw him date in a previous episode. Add that to the fact that he is shown dating a girl nearly every episode and you have yourself a lot of dumped girls.
- In one episode, we see him with three girls: a girlfriend from a previous episode, his current girlfriend that was introduced in another episode, and a previously unknown girlfriend.
- The Spiritual Successor to Drake & Josh, iCarly has Spencer fitting a Kidanova more than The Casanova despite being in his late 20's, because of the shows' Kid Com genre, Spencer never doing more than kissing the girl (on camera at least), and because he's not a jerk. The closest the actual Power Trio has is Carly, who picks up a love interest a few times a season.
- Skeeter of Cousin Skeeter
- Shawn of Boy Meets World. One would assume he's the regular kind of The Casanova, however he reveals while displaying his knowledge of Death by Sex that he is still, technically, a virgin.
- Eric too in the early seasons.
- Subverted in How I Met Your Mother with Matthew Panning, "the Stud of Port Richland Middle School", who claimed to have had sex with a hundred girls by the time he was 12. It's obvious to everyone that he's lying, except for Barney, who makes it the goal of his adult life to sleep with 200 girls just to show Panning up.
- Every single live-action show on Disney Channel seems to have at least one.
- During season 2 of Degrassi, when JT who's 13 at the time instantly starts making plans on dating the most popular older high school girls he can catch.
- The title character in Big Nate intensely wants to be this. A lot of the strip follows him as he flirts with the prettiest girls at his school and gets shot down.
- Older Than Radio: Mozart's opera The Marriage of Figaro has a boy, Cherubino, who is old enough to get shipped off to the army but young enough to be a Cross Dressing Voice role, and spends the show charming every woman he can get his hands on. He ends up in a Beta Couple (with Barbarina, the local ingenue) by the end of the night. Lampshaded by his song "Voi chi sapete", in which he explains that he loves being in love with all the ladies around and it's a natural thing to him. And, in the original plays by Beaumarchais it goes further: the sequel The Guilty Mother says he's the father of Countess Rosina's child.
- "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains Of Wayne is sung from the point of view of a kid who believes himself to be this.
- Bluebottle from The Goon Show wants to be this, and often declares that he will use his Comically Small Bribe to seduce various girls, but his sexual fantasies always end without any sex happening (except in one case where the woman he's fantasising about is implied to end up with Eccles inside his fantasy), so it isn't actually clear whether he actually has any success with the girls. With No Continuity, it is probably easiest to say that the answer varies.
- Zidane from Final Fantasy IX is 16 years old, and even though his love interest Garnet shares his age, he hits on much older women as well. In Dissidia: Final Fantasy he hits on Shantotto, who, while tiny, is somewhere in her 30s.
- Shantotto's hardly his only victim. He hits on everyone from Tifa "Boobs of Steel" Lockhart, who's in the 20-23 range, to Cosmos, the Goddess of Harmony. Then there's his choice to tackle Garland over a gap that few of the characters can cross without aerial evasion abuse note because he 'didn't feel like fighting a lady' - referring to Ultimecia, the time witch.
- Nils Lutefisk from Psychonauts is one of these. He claims it's because his parents let him watch R-rated movies.
- Roy from Fire Emblem 6 is just fifteen years old, but he can have up to six possible love interests: his gorgeous ex-teacher, his childhood friend, a cheery Lethal Chef, a silent female nomad, a cute mercenary girl and a shy half-human, half-dragon shaman girl.
- From Fire Emblem 8, we have Ewan. This redheaded, cheery magic student can't be older than 15, but he can date and eventually marry Amelia, a sweet girl who's at least two or three years older than he is.
- More importantly, in his support conversation with Ross he claims to have "a lot" of girlfriends, though we have to take his word on it.
- 15-year-old Erk the Mage has three possible girlfriends (Serra, Priscilla and Nino). Though, he is very anti-social and even laments his inability to talk to girls at one point.
- Dew from Fire Emblem 4 may have them all beat: he can marry and have kids with most of the women in the player's army (and not in the future tense, either). His exact age is unclear, but definitely early-to-mid teens. (A manga adaption gave his age as 14!) And several of the girls are older than he is! (15-year-old Raquesis and 14-year-old Sylvia are around his age, but Briggid and Adean are at least in their mid-to-late teens.)
- Poo from Earthbound is implied to be this. He has fangirls in his hometown, anyway.
- Ryoji Mochizuki of Persona 3 earned an Instant Fanclub the moment he transferred over to Gekkoukan High, mostly for his mysterious air and boyish looks. This makes the Chivalrous Pervert extremely happy, since he already hits on any and all women in range — sometimes risking life and limb, such as when he propositions Mitsuru during her Heroic BSOD and then, immediately after being rebuked, asks Yukari out on a date at the red-light district.) He even hits on Aigis, whose response is... unexpected. In Persona 3 Portable, though, he becomes a Ladykiller in Love with the Female Protagonist.
- Persona 4 gives us Teddie, who may call his continuous date-hunting "trying to score", dialog however makes it rather clear that he has no idea what the term actually means. Add to that the fact that his true age (depending on where you start counting) is possibly less than one year, and you get this trope in spades.
- Palom from Final Fantasy IV must be some sort of record; he's five years old.
- 15 year old protaganist Jimmy Hopkins from Bully definitely qualifies. By the end of the game, he's made out with nearly every girl in the school. It's also possible to make out with several of the boys, but that's not required.
- Cactus Donathan, The Casanova of Instant Classic, gets some backstory into his ways using this trope in Brothers Donathan - Part Five.
- Ryan from Everyday Heroes tries to be this... not always successfully.
- Alex of World of Fizz is definitely a prepubescent pervert, though none of his crushes (a classmate, his sister's girlfriend, the school nurse...) have shown much interest in him.
- Jake English of MS Paint Adventures is desired romantically by all three of the other main characters from his universe. At least part of this is that he is (as far as they know) the only viable option (it's certainly not because he's so suave).
- The web novel Seeking a Sweet Bewitching Kiss as part of the Girls Love series Sono Hanabira Ni Kuchizuke Wo contains a female and lesbian version of this trope. Elementary schoolgirl lesbian Runa, has all the girls in her class as well as her teacher (a woman in her early twenties) enamored with her. Recently, she has gotten her own visual novel released, in which she kind of subverts the trope by having sex with her teacher.
- The Nostalgia Critic has reminded people that he was an early bloomer when it came to sex. Judging by his Dark and Troubled Past, it may have not been a good thing.
- Among Zorian's classmates in Mother of Learning is Benisek, a boy whose primary occupation at school is the pursuit of girls.
- Odd Della Robbia of Code Lyoko. He even managed to get somewhere with his friends' love interests, if only at a stretch (a platonic dance date and a Fake-Out Make-Out for Yumi and Aelita, respectively). The only girl he hasn't (willingly!) dated is the Alpha Bitch, and even then there's enough UST between them to rival Ulrich and Yumi.
- Amusingly, it comes back to bite him later when his reputation has gotten around and he suddenly can't get a date to save his life.
- Part of the problem is that his feet stink. One girl had to continuously douse herself in perfume to just SURVIVE the date.
- And don't forget Jeremie's attempt at making a Polymorphic Clone of himself. That clone was Odd-like in terms of romance.
- It seems Ferb of Phineas and Ferb is one of these.
- Ferb doesn't have nearly as much success as Butt Monkey, Baljeet. So far, he has gone on a romantic cruise with his childhood friend Mishti, actually kissed a female friend named Wendy (who seemed to like it), and managed to unwittingly become the crush of Fireside Girl Ginger.
- Jonesy in 6teen is one of these, but he fails to get the girls just as much as he fails to get a stable job.
- James Bond Jr. seems to have learned more than just fighting skills from his uncle.
- In the Tiny Toon Adventures episode "Prom-ise Her Anything" Dizzy is this combined with Mars Needs Women and manages to snag a grown human woman as a date.
- Johnny Test. So far, this 11 year-old has managed to charm the class tomboy, the school's queen bee, an alien Rebellious Princess five years older than him, and a cute Daddy's Little Villain (literally, since it turned out she was the villain, not her dad). And possibly Gil.
- In The Fairly OddParents, Timmy apparently once had relations with a grown woman named Carly at some party he doesn't remember due to Laser-Guided Amnesia. She seemed perfectly fine with it.
- In another episode, he tried to go after a grown hula-girl during a vacation in Hawaii.
- The title character of Camp Lazlo is wrongfully accused of being one of these by Commander Hoohah at least once.