is a series of YouTube
videos created by various members of the Roberts family — most notably, the children. In each episode, the kids
tell the story of something that happened in the lives of the adults
. While their narration and dialog plays, the adults then act out whatever their children said
happened, usually playing their younger selves, and matching their actions and dialog with the kid's version. Hilarity Ensues
Another series hosted on their YouTube channel called "Kid Snippets" features a similar premise where a couple of the kids act out a purely fictional story based on a prompt, again with the adults acting out the result.
Kid history contains examples of:
- All of the Other Reindeer: All of the others laugh at Randy because he doesn't have any Barbie toys.
- Badly Battered Babysitter: Episode 9
- Blatant Lies:
"Here are your perfectly normal pancakes, kids!"
"Well, I don't even have a bike."
- Big "NO!": Episode 7. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BIG TRAAAAAAAAAAK!"
- Captain Obvious:
"I have a machete, right here."
- Christmas Episode: Episode 7
"Is this Christmas?"
- Comically Missing the Point
- Cool and Unusual Punishment:
"I'm going to steal your birthday stuff!"
"You're going to have to sit in the toilet for two days!"
- Cordon Bleugh Chef / If It Tastes Bad, It Must Be Good for You: Episode 6.
- Deadpan Snarker: Everyone except Jake in Episode 8.
- Dead to Begin With: The Kid Snippets short, "Accident" Only he's actually not dead.
- Detectives Follow Footprints: In "Salesman," but they aren't actual detectives and they don't find anyone.
- The Ditz: Usually Randy and Richard's characters
- Dramatic Pause: When the kids aren't entirely sure what they're going to say
- Dreaded Car Makeover: Mike's younger brother takes sandpaper to his new car.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Some of the kids—obviously it's justified.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Invoked in Episode 1
- Evil Laugh: Nathan's mom.
- Funny Background Event
- Gender Bender: The kids accidentally mentioned Kyle's dad instead of Kyle's mom, both who ended up being played by Brett.
- Girls Have Cooties: Probably the reason John's "friend" wasn't allowed to come hang with the guys in Episode 8.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Randy has a devil who wants him to do awesome things and a Cloudcuckoolander angel in Episode 5, with a couple people tagging along sometimes.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Justified, as children provide all of the dialog.
- Green Aesop: Episode 6
- Hey, That's My Line!: In Episode 8, one of the kids is supposed to be the manager and the other one keeps thinking he is.
- Horrible Camping Trip: Averted in Episode 5 where the camping conditions are just fine—they just decide to sneak out and play with fireworks.
- The Hunter: Episode 5
"Do you know what lions I've hunted?!?"
- Insistent Terminology: The Oceanology/Oceanography debate in Episode 4.
"Oceanography — FACT!"
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Randy is often shown playing with dolls and stuffed animals, and he was Mary in their reenactment of the Nativity scene.
- Jewish Holidays: Invoked by Richard's character in Episode 7, who celebrates Hanukkah
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: The "mom" in Episode 6 looks at the camera and asks, "Where's Brett?" (He's playing the mom)
- Logical Fallacy: Frequent.
"Well, I saw one dollar on the ground — a ten dollar bill."
"Then he's a bank robba
- Mugging the Monster: A guy with a machete versus a guy with a bike. Guy with a bike wins.
"Don't hit me in the face with a bike!"
- Nine out of Ten Doctors Agree:
"Five out of six people know a Google! Pretty good. If you're a kid and you know it, raise your hand. [Beat]
One out of one!"
- Ninja: They want to wear their ninja stuff, but they don't have any, so they wear their Pirate stuff.
- No Sympathy: "Mike, Mike, Mike. You're the worst babysitter!"
- Non Sequitur: The kids can be pretty random sometimes.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Girls are mermaids. Some boys are mermaids too. Mermaids can walk on their tails.
- Overly-Long Gag: The completos salesman in Episode 2.
"But! If you buy 14 completos, it's only 14 dollars! But! If you buy 15 completos, it's only 15 dollars! But!"
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: Subverted in Kid Snippets "Salesman" where they try a password, are unsuccessful, and promptly give up.
- Picky Eater:
"She doesn't give me peas all day yet because I don't like them yet."
- Race Against the Clock:
"There's only one minute left in my brain. Time is running out!"
- Refuge in Audacity
- Retcon: Several times when a child has to correct himself or herself, the visual is often updated to reflect that.
- Rhymes on a Dime:
"My name is Jake, I'm poking the snake!"
- Secret Ingredient:
"A pinch of salt, lots of love, and lots and lots of tofu!"
- Separated at Birth: Implied in "Accident," when the guy finds somebody who looks exactly like him lying on the road and assumes it's his previously unknown twin brother.
- Something That Begins with "Boring":
"I spy something yellow."
"Uh... the light."
- The Stinger:
- Sweet Tooth: Discussed
"Guess what 'you a sweet tooth' means? I doesn't mean that you like candy—it means that you want some!"
- Stronger Sibling:
"How come I'm so much buffer than you?"
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: In Episode 9.
- Toilet Humor: Invoked on several occasions.
- Translation Train Wreck: When the kids try to speak Spanish in Episode 3.
- Unreliable Narrator: What happens when kids are the ones telling the story.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Basically the whole point.
- A Wizard Did It: How they got home in Episode 2.