Kevin Hart is an American comedian and actor from Philadelphia. He got his first major role as CJ in Scary Movie 3
in 2003 and went on to star in the movie Soul Plane
. He has since starred in many movies, though usually as a One-Scene Wonder
. His stand-up comedy routines are often based on his children's antics and his height. His most recent tour, Laugh at My Pain
(also showed in theaters), made him the first African-American comic to surpass $1.1 million in ticket sales, also making it one of the most successful selling comedy concerts in history. He currently stars in the BET
series The Real Husbands Of Hollywood
, where he plays a heavily Flanderized version of himself
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: His drug addicted dad who showed up at school events without underwear.
- Black Comedy: His jokes about his drug-addicted dad, who never wore underwear.
- Brick Joke: Often, in his comedy shows, he'll come up with a running gag early on that is repeated a few times, then not mentioned until near the end of the show.
- Conspicuous Consumption: Discusses how he can't do that, since he doesn't have as much money as his athlete and actor friends, one of which actually rented out an amusement park for his kid's birthday.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: He shares this trait with Christopher Titus, including one notable relationship with an older woman that had him paranoid during his next relationshipnote .
: Ever argue with a female and, in the middle of the argument, you no longer feel safe because of her actions? She may start pacing back and forth real fast, breathing out her nose. You know what my girl do? When she get mad, she start talking in the third person
. That's scary as hell because that's her way of telling me that from this point on, she is not responsible for none of her actions.
- Family Disunion / The Fun in Funeral: His mother's funeral.
- Holier Than Thou: His cousin Al, a former drug addict who found Jesus.
(in response to "Good morning) Uh, it is a good morning, because Jesus woke us up. Hello! Boom! I love Jesus, do you?
- Mistaken for Cheating: He describes how he never went for a walk and fed pigeons when he was married because his wife would think that he was lying about feeding pigeons and was cheating. In another instance, he describes a crazy girl who assumed he was cheating, and after hearing her "evidence" describes a long story involving an explanation for all the "evidence" (including the fact that said girl was drunk the night before and forgot most of what happened).
- Milking the Giant Cow: Mocked when he talks about how to be a singer:
All you need to know how to do is open your hands, close 'em, and point.
- Mood-Swinger: Discusses women who do this:
Have you ever seen a woman go from frantic to calm, real fast? "MOTHAFUCKA YOU A PIECE OF SHIT. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HURTIN ME LIKE THIS. (Creepy Monotone)
But it's gon' be the last time that you do some shit to me. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT IT, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! (Creepy Monotone again)
But let me tell you something nigga, you gon get your shit together or GET THE FUCK OUT!"
- The Napoleon:On his tv series The Real Husbands Of Hollywood.
- N-Word Privileges: He talks about how he got a ghetto SpongeBob for his daughter's party who played "Duck Duck Nigga" with the kids. The white kid there refused to play because he felt like it would be saying the word.
- Oh, Crap: Twice involving his friend Harry. One time, he comes back to his house drunk after cheating on his girlfriend and his girlfriend confronts him about it. He calls Harry, expecting him to make up an alibi. Instead Harry says, "You was with that bitch with the fat ass." Another time, he is in the car when Harry calls and the phone is on speaker. Now, Harry invented the code "I'm hungry as shit" to signal that their girlfriends were in the room, so don't say anything dumb. Harry however completely forgets the code and when Kevin says it, he responds "That must mean you ready to eat these WHITE BITCHES!"
- Piss-Take Rap: Hart talks about how he can't rap because of his high-pitched voice, in one of his comedy specials:
(high pitched voice) "Yeah, bitch, I'm a killer, I shoot you in your face. (makes finger guns) Pshoom, Pshoom
, Everybody gon' die. Pshoom pshoom, everybody gon' die tonight." Did he just say "Pshoom, pshoom"? I'm not buying that shit if he said "pshoom, pshoom".
- Self-Deprecation: His comedy frequently utilizes this.
- One episode of The Real Husbands has Samuel L. Jackson and Anthony Anderson making fun of his role in Soul Plane.
- Scully Box: Inverted in the Scary Movie series, when Hart had to stand in a trench in order to be slightly shorter than the other actors, since his character is short. Since Hart stands 5 feet 4½ inches tall, it seems that he frequently employs this device, rather than subverting it as he did in this movie.
- Star-Making Role: 2012's Think Like a Man was Kevin Hart's first leading role in a film and he ended up stealing the show.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Being in Ride Along with Ice Cube seems to show how similar he is to Chris Tucker
- Talkative Loon: His Uncle Richard, who just got out of prison, and who is the originator of one of the memes mentioned in Memetic Mutation.
- The New Tens: When he reached main stream audience and when he is in his prime.
- Too Much Information: When his cousin Al offhandedly mentions how he (and Kevin's father, apparently) used to have sex for drug money.
- What Could Have Been: He originally auditioned for Saturday Night Live in the early 2000s, but was rejected because of his poor celebrity impressions. He also was a potential cast member for Tower Heist.