Describe Kenichi Ono he—SILENCE!! AND LISTEN!! I AM KENICHI. KENICHI ONO!!! I AM THE VOICE THAT DEAFENS EVIL!!!!...Done? Alrighty, then: born Kikuo Ono, Kenichi Ono is one of the more veteran seiyuus in the age. He had his share of usually minor roles, except that one point when he did the quirky Prospector of Martian Successor Nadesico. It wasn't until Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden his real shot to fame kicked in, by voicing the game's Dragon Sanger Zonvolt, " the Sword that smites/cleaves evil!". All thanks to this role, said character became Super Robot Wars' Ensemble Darkhorse and Memetic Badass, catapulting Kenichi to return to voicing the character again in subsequent Alpha sequels and the Super Robot Wars Original Generation sub-series. While he's like a one-shot wonder veteran, this particular shot is a clear cut kill that makes him so received.
Notable roles by Kenichi Ono:
- Sanger Zonvolt and Wodan Ymir in Super Robot Wars
- Also reprises Sanger in Project X Zone
- Prospector in Martian Successor Nadesico
- Gin, Dalton and Mr. 11 in One Piece
- Asurada in Future GPX Cyber Formula
- Gillhead, Shuttle Robo, Shibumidas and Devil Satan 6 in Machine Robo
- Fujii in Hajime No Ippo
- George Smith in Beyblade
- Takato Youichi and Watson in The Kindaichi Case Files
- Jaaku King and Baldez in Futari wa Pretty Cure and Futari Wa Pretty Cure Max Heart
- Satan in the Compile era and Risukuma from Puyo Puyo
- Ramenman in Kinnikuman Nisei and Kinnikuman video games
(this article is now deafened)
THERE IS NOTHING THAT MY VOICE CANNOT DEAFEN!!