(called Kayla in Real Life
) is a YouTube vlogger
, best known for filming herself as she watches episodes of Marble Hornets
, then posting her freaked out reactions on the Net for the world to see (though she does some more generic blogging as well). She started posting videos in February of 2011, but after starting college later in the year has begun to have multiple-month long gaps between videos.
- Adorkable - Her main appeal is just how cute she looks when she gets frightened, which happens very easily.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle - Likes to end her videos with a quick one of these.
- Bi the Way - "I am a thespian. That is T-H-E-S-P-I-A-N, not lesbian. That is another story for another time. No joke."
- Blog - The format she uses.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick - "Go to bed, get a good night's sleep, eat food, shower, go to school, go to work, and don't kill each other."
- Buffy Speak - "I am a horrible YouTube ... channel ... person." "Within a week-ishk-thing."
- Coming-Out Story - Tells how she came out as bisexual in "Day of Silence 2011".
- Deadpan Snarker - Develops into one these in the later Marble Hornets reaction videos.
- The Jail Bait Wait - Early on explains to viewers that she's 17 and not of legal age yet. "So in four months you guys can flirt with me all you want." Four months later, naturally enough, she posts a video celebrating her 18th birthday. Cue a bunch of drooling subscribers.
- Jitter Cam - In Reaction to Entry 38 gets dizzy from all of this in the Marble Hornets video.
- Nerds Are Sexy - She calls herself "the hugest nerd on the face of the Earth". Doesn't stop her audience from being a bunch of horndogs for her.
- Nightmare Retardant - Was too distracted by the bad acting in Entry 46 to be scared by the Slender Man's appearance.
- Schedule Slip - Going to college really ate up her free time, making the stream of new videos slow to a trickle.
- Take Over the World - "I'll watch it, and you can watch me watching it, and then maybe all of you can make videos about watching me watching Marble Hornets, and then people could make videos off of your videos of watching you watching me watching Marble Hornets, and then there'll be this vicious circle of people watching people watching people watching people watching them watching you watching me watching Marble Hornets. And we'd clog YouTube, and then the Internet would shut down, and then we could successfully take over the world."
- Troll - Explains that she's a "super-troll" at heart, but tries to keep it reigned in.
- What Could Have Been - She recorded reactions to Entries 47, 48, and 49, but a computer glitch made her lose the videos. And, since the point of the reactions is see her surprised responses to watching them the first time, she can't really do them over again. And apparently 49 was an especially good one.