Titular hero and his ANNOYING space patrol squad.Kapitan Bomba
(lit. Captain Bomb
) is a Polish Vulgar Humor
cartoon series about titular captain and his crew, who are defending the galaxy from aliens. Many creatures, planets or even weapons in the series are shaped after genitals; some species even smell like crap for no known reason. Characters are speaking in a Cluster F-Bomb
way, of course - at one point, Bomba eventually punishes his soldiers for being polite, and forces them to use foul language. He also refers to them as "dumb dicks" (tępe chuje); fallen enemies are also insulted that way.
Unsurprisingly, the series is being strongly attacked by Moral Guardians
(and not only them) for big amount of vulgarity.Now it's being translated to English.
The cartoon generally features:
- Ludicrous Gibs, for obvious reasons.
- Aerith and Bob: A humorous example: aliens typically have regular, run-of-the-mill Polish names but a single episode features an alien inexplicably named "Gwach'Qar".
- All Just a Dream: The Kutang Klan three-episode arc, which turns out to be Bomba's dream after overworking out, and nearly the entire second movie, which is similarly Bomba's dream after being knocked out in a fist fight.
- Always Lawful Good: Humans. They can have dumb or superstitious examples, but we never see an evil one throughout the series.
- Big Damn Movie: Two of them - the first one deals with an invasion from beyond the borders of space, the second one deals with a Sealed Evil in a Can that takes over the galaxy.
- Cluster F-Bomb, as mentioned above.
- Catch Phrase: Kapitan Bomba's "You dumb dicks."
- Diabolus ex Machina: The duel between Starfleet Admiral and Alien Sultan. It starts as a Gladiator spoof, with the Admiral fighting despite being fatally poisoned. He wins but just before dealing the fatal blow, freezes with pain. He still manages to explain that the poison must have been accelerated by his esperal implant before dropping dead.
- Fat Bastard: Alien Sultan
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Kurvix Galaxy is this to Poland, while the Kujwdubie Galaxy is this to Germany.
- Flying Car: The most common type of a spaceship - typically modelled after cars popular in communist-era or late 1990s Poland, like Żuk and Nysa vans or Daewoo Lanos hatchbacks. Bomba's twin brother Modest however owns a large flying RAM 1500.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Popular among aliens.
- Fun with Subtitles: The Alien Sultan and his closest minions are subtitled - their actual speech is Polish/pseudo-Italian gibberish.
- Gatling Good: In few episodes Bomba has a minigun.
- Casual Interstellar Travel
- Cock Cannon: Cyborg Mk'bewe has one.
- His Name Really Is Barkeep: Starfleet Admiral. Possibly Alien Sultan as well.
- Humongous Mecha: The Kilobot from the second movie - the majority of the plot involves finding a resource with enough energy to power it. And unlike most mechas, its pilot cockpit is not in its head, but in its dick.
- Space Is Noisy
- Hollywood Cyborg: Mk'bewe after being changed into one.
- Kinetic Weapons Are Just Better: Humans prefer to use regular firearms, as opposed to lasers used by aliens.
- Kick the Dog: the heroes regularly slaughter Villains Out Shopping.
- Memetic Mutation: the episodes often incorporate current Polish memes into their gags.
- Big Bad: Alien Sultan.
- Ray Gun: The laser lance.
- Space Police: Bomba and his squad themselves.
- There is also an actual Space Police. In one episode, when stranded in enemy territory, the heroes broadcast some insults towards them figuring that pissed-off policemen will get there faster than any actual rescue mission. Unfortunately, due to Fun with Acronyms their insult is misinterpreted and instead they Summon Bigger Fish.
- Space Is Cold: Averted, the characters seem to be completely immune to outer space.
- The Last Dance: Spoofed. A group of aliens barricaded in a disco decide to spend their last moments partying like crazy and then shoot themselves, rather than face Bomb's squad waiting outside. By the time they did, the heroes had long grown bored and left.
- Retro Rocket: Many spaceships are shaped after this, with the exception of "Orzeł 1" (lit. "Eagle 1") in later episodes, which looks more like a WWII bomber than a space rocket.
- Required Secondary Powers: One episode plays with this in regards to force fields. An alien is using a force field to protect himself which does fine against bullets, however he's killed once a rocket hits the force field solely due to impact tranferred by it.
- A-Team Firing: Combined with More Dakka in large quantities.
- Phrase Catcher: Whenever Mkbewe appears, there will always be someone who says "oh fuck, a devil".
- Voodoo Shark: Played for Laughs - it is explained that all the crossovers with the other GIT Produkcja show Generał Italia do not make use of Time Travel in that both shows actually take place parallel, and that time flows faster in the Kurvix Galaxy so while it's 1941 on Earth, it's 1997 in Kurvix.
- Show Within a Show: Kapitan Dupa (lit. "Captain Ass") - an alien-made cartoon that plays on main characters, where they are parodied as homosexuals.