Starting on the top left and going by row, Maruyama, Ōkura, Yokoyama, Subaru, Yasuda, Ryo, Murakami
Kanjani8 is a Japanese boy band that was formed in 2002, and debuted in 2004. They were formed and debuted by Johnnys and Associates, and, as many other groups in the company, have enjoyed success. This, however, took them longer to achieve than the average group, as they were rising from the then struggling Kansai branch.
The group consists of Shibutani Subaru, Nishikido Ryo, Yasuda Shota, Ōkura Tadayoshi, Maruyama Ryūhei, Yokoyama Yu and Murakami Shingo. Uchi Hiroki used to be the group's eighth member, but was kicked out of the group after he was caught drinking underage.
- Ambiguously Gay: Yasu. Just.... Yasu. Everyone mocks him about it and it doesn't help that he plays it up. A lot.
- Ass Shove: ...we're looking at you, Subaru.
- Back from the Dead: Generally, someone dies in their concert skits. Be it one member, or every single one of them, they will comes back, no questions asked. Even if it does require sparkle dust.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Maru and Yasu, Shingo and everyone...totally averted though, whenever it involves Subaru as the tsukkomi.
- Boyband: Obvious enough, but they will mock the fact they are.
- Christmas Episode: Their variety shows. For example, the short lived Kanpani had an episode where the perfomed christmas songs, and ate food with something not so pleasant inside it in the middle.
- Christmas Songs: Eight of them, nine if you count the winter remix songs.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: In one of their concert skits, Ryo just went and died because he loved everyone too much, Subaru died by laughing, Maru killed Yasu with a plastic mallet, and he killed himself with it too. Then again, they did get better...
- Cute Little Fangs: In the sense of the real life yaeba, Shingo has these.
- The Idiot From Osaka: They live and breathe this trope.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ryo.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Pretty much every member, especially Ryo "NICE OPPAI" and Subaru, the "bean-throwing hentai-sama".
- Rummage Sale Reject: Yasuda Shota, the fans are looking at you.
- Super Sentai: They assume the role of an obvious Super Sentai homage in a series of performances at their concerts as Kanjani Sentai Eight Ranger. The members have the following roles:
- Red Ranger: Shibutani Subaru
- Yellow Ranger: Nishikido Ryo
- Orange Ranger: Maruyama Ryūhei
- Blue Ranger: Yasuda Shota
- Green Ranger: Ōkura Tadayoshi
- Purple Ranger: Murakami Shingo
- Black Ranger: Yokoyama Yu