Jump Rope Antics
Often, it's fun to jump rope. However, sometimes, jumping rope may not be as easy as you think it is. If you're The Klutz
, The Fool
, or maybe even the Butt Monkey
, expect things to go haywire when you try to jump rope; you either get tangled up while jumping, the rope gets tied up around your feet, or the jump rope flies out of your hands and breaks a window or a vase.
Expect this trope to show up in Comedy
or Western Animation
Anime and Manga
Live Action TV
- Within various hentai pics, it's not rare for a woman to somehow manage to snag her top off while attempting to jump rope. In some cases, she manages to put herself into bondage situations.
- A recurring gag in the first half-dozen or so episodes of Nichijou
- On an episode of MASH, Father Mulcahy was jumping rope as part of training for a race against a runner from another camp. The camera then zooms out to show Hawkeye and BJ are the ones twirling the rope for him, as Mulcahy says this is the only way he knows how do it.
- A few Peanuts strips had Snoopy getting caught in Lucy's jump rope.
- Subverted in Street Fighter V: Birdie's Super Move involves tying the opponent up in chains and playing jump with it, slamming the opponent to the ground over and over.
- This happened several times to Goofy.
- The Dragon Tales episode "Rope Trick" had this happen to Zak and Wheezie when they were trying to learn how to jump rope.