A best-selling American Regency romance novelist. Her first book (Splendid
) was published in 1994, but she's most famous for her Bridgerton series, which details the romances of eight siblings during the Regency period.
open/close all folders
The Blydon Series
The Lyndon Sisters
Agents of the Crown
- Altar the Speed: Simon and Daphne, Anthony and Kate, and Philip and Eloise all end up having to get married swiftly due to being discovered in compromising situations.
- Dark Secret: Penelope is Lady Whistledown.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: An Offer From A Gentleman was published in 2001, and features a couple named Benedict and Sophie. November 5, 2014, Benedict Cumberbatch announced his engagement to Sophie Hunter. Lampshaded on Quinn's Facebook page.
- Parental Marriage Veto: Sophie is very worried about this, although it never actually materialises.
- Secret Chaser: Eloise's determination to find out who Lady Whistledown is.
- Secret Diary: Colin has one, which Penelope finds.
- Secret Identity: Penelope is a gossip columnist.
- Secret Relationship: Sophie and Benedict, for very good reasons - she's illegitimate and his mistress.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: Subverted - Gregory gets there in time, but Lucy tells him to leave.
- Theme Naming: The Bridgerton siblings are named A-H in order of age.
- What an Idiot: Eloise, who, despite having grown up in Regency England, thinks it's a good idea to go unaccompanied to the house of an unmarried man for a long stay.
- She was under the impression that his maiden aunt would be around to chaperone them, though.
- To be fair to Eloise, she was really distraught over her feelings at the time, being a 28-year-old spinster when her best friend (ALSO a 28-year-old spinster) had just gotten married. People (modern and historical AND fictional) have made stupid mistakes over less.
The Two Dukes of Wyndham
- Sympathetic P.O.V.: The duology is told from two main perspectives: that of the long-lost Duke of Wyndham, and that of the current Duke of Wyndham (who is understandably unhappy at the prospect of losing his inheritance).
The Bevelstoke Series
- Convenient Miscarriage: Miranda miscarries her baby before she has to marry Turner.
- Secretly Wealthy: He's not fabulously rich, but Sebastian can afford to anger his uncle.
- Brainless Beauty: Averted. Olivia may be exceptionally pretty, but she is by no means stupid. In fact, she's rather pragmatic (certain spying escapades aside) and would much prefer a newspaper to a novel.
- Moustache de Plume: Inverted. Sebastian is Sarah Gorely. He started writing as a way to fill his nights when he became an insomniac after he served in the army. He hides his identity ostensibly because be doesn't want to deal with people asking him to write their stories, but a later conversation with Annabel reveals that he does so because some part of him believes that it is a "rather silly, undignified pursuit". After Annabel ensures him that she doesn't think that, he's much mollified.