French-Irish comedian (his stomach is Italian). His jokes center on his life, his travels, and food. Especially food. Also a talented singer. And for all that, he's probably best known as the carjacked fat guy in the final Seinfeld episode.
Tropes associated with John Pinette:
- Berserk Button: People who don't understand line etiquette.
- Big Eater. Most of his jokes are about his love of food
- lampshaded in the opening of "Still Hungry"
- Catch Phrase: "Oh, nay nay." Indicates sarcastic disapproval.
- Impact Silhouette: When seated in an exit row, he cracked to the flight attendant he wouldn't open the door in an emergency; he'd go through the door, and everyone else would want to use his door because it would be as big as he is.