John DiMaggio has his own page now!?
Well, yes. Yes he does.
John William DiMaggio (born 1968) is in basically every single current Western cartoon imaginable — moreso than his Futurama
co-star Billy West
. You can easily spot his work by his Guttural Growler Large Ham
And as the photo proves, he is not
a pseudonym of Peter Cullen
Has a Twitter account.
Some of his roles include:
John DiMaggio provides examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: A YouTube video circulated a few years ago of John tossing a violent drunk out of a bar. He's normally a nice guy, but he's scary when he loses his temper. Don't mess with a Joisey boy...
- The Big Guy: Plays a lot of these.
- Guttural Growler: Almost all of his roles are like this.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: If you've heard enough of his work, it's usually fairly easy to spot John in most of his roles. Rule of thumb is, "If a character sounds even a little bit like Bender from Futurama, then it's John DiMaggio voicing him."
- Ink Suit Actor: The writers of Kim Possible created the character of "Motor Ed" so that John could "be himself." Similarly, he also looks somewhat like Marcus Fenix.
- Word Of God says they made Human Bender (on the Anthology of Interest episode of Futurama that included the stories of "What if Bender was a human, what if Fry's life was like a video game, and what if Leela went on a Wizard of Oz-style journey to find her family") exactly like John - both in looks and personality.
- Large Ham
- Name's the Same: He's not to be confused with baseball legend "Joltin' Joe" DiMaggio.
- Playing Against Type: As the Joker.
- Arguably, the role of Randy on Futurama counts as well. It's worth noting that Randy is his favorite character, as stated in pretty much every DVD commentary.
- Talking to Himself: Once in a while, he voices enough roles on Futurama to have a conversation with himself, although not nearly as much as Billy West does.
- Also in Final Fantasy X, where he voices both the characters Wakka and Kimahri.