Jiří Kulhánek is a Czech fiction author that gained notoriety and cult following as a master of Sociopathic Hero and as (ab)user of:
- A God Am I - Usually goal of Big Evil
- Crapsack World - Good people die. Fast.
- Creator Backlash / Old Shame - His attitude towards his second novel, post-apocalyptic Cesta krve ("Path of Blood")
- Crowning Moment of Awesome - Expect them to happen several times.
- Determinator - Main character is on mission to kick some ass and not even death will stop him.
- Earn Your Happy Ending
- Genre Savvy & First-Person Smartass - Protagonists just can't stop making all kinds of comments,especially when killing people humorously.
- Katanas Are Just Better - Weapon of choice, but there is lots of love for Gun Kata too.
- Lemony Narrator
- Keep Circulating the Tapes - Vládci strachu ("Rulers of Fear") and Cesta krve ("The Path of Blood") are hopelessly out of print and not likely to be reissued.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot - Rule of Cool is never on vacation.
- Our Vampires Are Different - Any blood suffices and only about once per month. They don't mind sun or holy symbols or pretty much anything except silver. And there is no emo ansgt. Their enemies are "Alchemists", augmented humans that hunt and enslave vampires.
- Reclusive Artist:
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism - Cynicism all the way, but still most of his works end in happy end
- Took a Level in Badass - main character, usually multiple times. Sometimes several times in one paragraph.