The Jill Gilbert Saga
is a trilogy of The Vampire Diaries
fanfics by Riana Salvatore. They revolve around the original canon of the books, where Jeremy is female
, although the same age and named Jill. The stories are mostly kept the same. It consists of Let It Rain
, The High Road
, and Disaster
This series contains examples of
- Aborted Arc: Elena was supposed to gain Jeremy's ghost seeing tendencies in Disaster but it was dropped by the time the story began.
- Actor Allusion: All three stories are named after Jojo songs.
- In addition, Jill's past life is named Yoana, which is the Bulgarian form of Joanna, the singer's real name
- Ascended Extra: Rebekah was never an extra, per say, but in "Disaster" she is given a much larger role and even appears earlier.
- Beta Couple: Damon and Elena throughout the series with numerous other hookups.
- Bi the Way: Rebekah is bisexual. She mentions dating redheads in the past and hooks up with Scarlett in the end.
- Big Bad: The council in Let It Rain, Klaus in The High Road, and The Balcoin circle in Disaster
- The Cheerleader: Jill and Caroline throughout the series, and Rebekah in Disaster
- Cross Over: Disaster features Diana Meade as one of the main characters and evil features The Balcoin Circle as the Big Bad
- Disc One Final Boss: Disaster features The Order, a vampire mafia run Matt's dad, but they pale in comparison to the Big Bad
- Face-Heel Turn: Jill makes one at the end of The High Road, as does Elijah
- Fan-Preferred Couple: There were much more Jill/Stefan shippers than Jill/Tyler shippers leading to the former becoming canon. It continued to be more popular in Disaster but Jill/Klaus shippers were present.
- Heel-Face Turn: Damon in Let It Rain and Klaus at the end of Disaster
- Fix Fic: The second half of Disaster serves to fix the disastrous second half of Season 3, by eliminating Esther and Alaric's alternate personality.
- Gender Flip: The whole point of the series, although it's more a Gender Re-Flip, since Jeremy was female to begin with.
- Goth: Jill at the start of Let It Rain due to the death of her parents. Anna is one throughout, but she's more of Perky Goth
- Gone Horribly Right: Klaus telling Jill to turn off her emotions not related to him in Disaster leads to her becoming obsessed with him.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In Let It Rain Jill becomes a Vampire Hunter, which is what Jeremy does in Season 4 of the series
- In 'Disaster' when Rebekah asks what San Francisco has that New York doesn't have (on why the Giants moved there), Jill replies "Steroids" becomes funny when two Yankees players (Alex Rodriguez and Francisco Cervelli) were listed as clients of a clinic that supplied performance-enhancing drugs to several recently-suspended players
- Hypothetical Casting: Jill is played by Jojo.
- Love Triangle: Let It Rain and The High Road feature one between Tyler, Jill, and Stefan. Disaster has one with Stefan, Jill, and Klaus.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Many, but the most prevalent is Jill/Klaus between a thousand year old Original vampire and a sixteen-year-old girl.
- The Other Darrin: In series, Miranda Gilbert is played by Erin Beute, but here she is played by Alyssa Milano.
- Red Shirt: Disaster introduces Trent, Elena's new boyfriend. By the end of the chapter, he's compelled to commit suicide by Jill just like Andie did in the series.
- Reincarnation Romance: Klaus sees this with Jill who the reincarnation of Katherine's sister, Yoana, even though he was the one who killed Yoana in the first place.
- Shout-Out: To the books, Jill's middle name is Margaret.
- Also the scene where Klaus kills Yoana in The High Road references the Timbaland/ Katy Perry song "If We Ever Meet Again" with Klaus saying the title word for word.
- Spared By Adaptation: Anna survives at the end Let It Rain and Miranda ended surviving the car crash by being turned into a vampire.
- Finn as well. He doesn't actually do anything, but he is not killed.
- Take That: Klaus thinks Furbies are some kind of demon.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Unlike the show, Bonnie constantly gets called out for her hypocritcal and judgmental nature. Then there's her death in The High Road, but at least she sacrificed herself to save Elena there.
- Took a Level in Badass: Jill does this when she meets Alaric, asking him to train her to fight vampires.
- Wonderful Life: Stefan goes to a world where he never returned to Mystic Falls. While Zach is still alive, Elena, Damon, and Anna are dead, Jill is drunken, depressed vampire, Jenna is married to Logan and Caroline is sleeping with Jill's boyfriend, Mason
- Yandere: Vicki is a classic one towards Tyler to the point where she makes death threats toward Jill before being turned into a vampire.
- Jill becomes one in Disaster when Klaus tells her to turn off her emotions not related to him.