"Hellote, I'm Jellote"
- Jellote's introduction
Oh hi there viewers, welcome to Let's Play Television Tropes and Idioms! This is episode 1! Haha! Shall we play? We shall.
Jellote is a freelance member of the Let's Play
community, inspired by DeceasedCrab
and Sir Ron Lionheart
. He is known for referencing pop culture
, requiring attention and violently forcing his name onto anything
. Essentially, he is a comedic commentator, who plays retro, retraux
and other freeware. In case you couldn't tell, he is a fan of Self-Deprecation
His long string of plagiarism can be found here
Games played by Jellote:
Tropes associated with Jellote
- Angrish: Whenever something bad happens (that isn't his fault), he breaks into incomprhensible gibberish.
- Arch-Enemy: The ctrl key, pendulums, and typically anything bad that is remotely personifiable. Also, he has declared Retsupurae his enemy before, but the latter doesn't know the former exists.
- Catch Phrase: See above. Other phrases include "Goodnight" and "Shall we?".
- Character Alignment: Experimented with in Prior, where he first plays as Lawful Good, then Chaotic Good and finally Neutral Good.
- Creator Breakdown: He spends several minutes weeping after seeing the zombie in Croc.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: He actively refuses to swear.
- Marty Stu: Very much so. Even he thinks so.
- Large Ham
- One of Us: Uses trope names infrequently.
- No Fourth Wall: Early on, he played as if he was the main character, but still addressed the audience.
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: Intentionally trashes his own name in the vain hope of popularity. Again, this is him speaking in character when he says these things.
- Rule of Symbolism: The reason each LP ends with the tag "Decemberween"? "Symbolism, my dear boy" was his only response.
- Self-Deprecation: He's his own biggest critic, to the point where calling himself a plagiarist is a running gag and jokes about his sound quality are in every other video. Much of the criticism on this page is actually the opinions of himself in his own videos.
- Shameless Self-Promotion: The only reason this page, or any mention of Jellote on this wiki, exists is because he really wants some more subscribers.
- Strictly Formula: He tries to make Let's Plays of episodic games one level at a time, regardless of length.