published on FictionPress.Com
, written in the style of a teen slasher flick.
Provides examples of:
- Batman-Gambit: The whole reason for the Ivy League Killer's murder spree. It was to draw local police agencies and the United States Army into searching for him in a forest he filled with booby traps.
- Blood Knight: The Ivy League Killer
- Combat Pragmatist: The Ivy League Killer. He prefers to take his victims by surprise. Near the end, he relies on boobytraps he planted in the forest to fight the police and the Army.
- Crazy-Prepared: The Ivy League Killer. He set up safehouses and weapons caches, and rigged a whole section of forest with booby traps. Many of his pursuers were killed without even seeing him.
- Elite Army: U.S. Army Special Forces are sent after the Ivy League Killer. They fail to kill or capture him.
- Eye Scream: An MP searching for the Ivy League Killer is struck by a fragmentation grenade, shredding his eyes.
- Shown Their Work: the description of the geography around San Bernardino, California is accurate. Descriptions of weapons are accurate.