open/close all folders
Live Action TV
- Indiana Jones films:
- Labyrinth had the Bog of Eternal Stench.
- Desperado had a secret passageway in a Bad-Guy Bar hidden by a mechanism in a totally disgusting excrement-stained toilet.
- Inverted in Golden Sun, where the heroes are blocked from a certain path by a group of playing puppies that they don't want to disturb. Justified in that there's no immediate hurry and you're supposed to be going elsewhere, so there's no reason for them to insist on heading that way.
- LEGO Indiana Jones contains pits that are filled with snakes, and can be easily jumped over... unless you're playing as Indy, who will become paralyzed with fear and refuse to proceed. This is generally part of a puzzle in which one of the other characters must find a way to get Indy across because he's needed on the other side, but a few of the pits have nothing on the other side and are only there for decoration, only frightening Indy for the sake of consistency. There are also similar pits filled with rats, which have the same effect on Dr. Jones Sr.
- In Tarnsman of Gor, a secret passage into (and out of) the Central Cylander of Ar is hidden in a fake Dar-kosis pit — a place where sufferers of Dar-kosis (leprosy, more or less) are kept, away from the rest of civilization, until they die. The lever to open the door is further hidden in a disgusting, dank, scummy water sump within the DK pit.
- Cirith Ungol in The Lord of the Rings. The Watcher guarding the Gate of Moria, too.