I Survived a Japanese Gameshow
Come for the Japanese game show wackiness, fast forward past the standard Reality Show Wangst.ABC reality show that pitched two teams of American contestants against each other in dwindling numbers on a simulated game show called Hai! Majide. In the first season the teams were called the Yellow Penguins and Green Monkeys, the second season the Green Tigers and the Red Robots. Then it wasn't renewed.
This show provides examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: Some elimination games resulted in this.
- Butt Monkey: Both seasons have a team on an embarassing losing streak
- Commercial Break Cliffhanger: Played straight when revealing team results.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Several. Special mention goes to Big Foot Bang Bang, where the losing team got 2 points. As for the winning team, when their score hit double digits the scorekeeper graphic actually exploded.
- Eliminated From The Race
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Kayabukiya Tavern has monkey servers.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Big Penguin Belly Flop
- Everything's Better with Samurai: One of the rewards was to become Samurai for a day.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Many games involve something spinning.
- Golden Snitch: The final obstacle of Season 1's final challenge or it would have been had the leader not have gotten it on the first try.
- Gratuitous Japanese
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: Up Your Nose, Dragon!
- Luck-Based Mission: A couple of the challenges. Open a door and hope you aren't screwed!
- Point-and-Laugh Show
- Show Within a Show