(The two burst into laughter)
One day, when a raid on his house goes wrong, James Thales
realises that he is more than just a lonely teen genius
, disillusioned with humanity.
He isn't human at all.
Recruited by a mysterious organisation of underage bodyguards and magical contract killers and given a robot-building Otaku mechanic
and a shadow-controlling butcher
as teammates, James must perform his assigned "Missions" while searching for something that has eluded him for years:
A reason to live.
But what of these memories, these disjointed glimpses into a past he does not remember?Needs a Better Description
Can be read Here.
Tropes for I Of The Storm
- Awesomeness by Analysis: James's entire fighting style can be summed up with this, plus Bullet Time and kicking.
- Awesome McCoolname: Many.
- James Thales: Thales of Miletus was a pre-Socratic Greek philosopher from Miletus in Asia Minor, and one of the Seven Sages of Greece. Many, most notably Aristotle, regard him as the first philosopher in the Greek tradition.
- Corvus Nyte: Nyte sounds like night, and Corvus is a small constellation in the southern sky with 11 stars.
- Bad Ass: Many.
- Berserk Button: Doctor Professor Marcus Kudzu is a Biokinetic Specialist or medic, NOT a Healer.
- Bi Shonen: Again, Many.
- Blood Knight: James Thales.
- Blonde Guys Are Evil: James Thales, possibly.
- Bullet Time: James can use this to avoid actual bullets, as well as magical attacks.
- Casting a Shadow: Corvus Nyte.
- Caffeine Bullet Time: Harry.
- Dressed To Kill: James Thales's suits. He has a wardrobe full of identical suits in his bedroom.
- Driven to Suicide: James, out of boredom, and disillusionment with humanity.
- Dual Wielding: Max Taylor takes this up to 11, due to his metal powers letting him make anything out of metal.
- Enraged By Idiocy: James Thales.
- Extremity Extremist: James Thales kicks, and only kicks.
- Extra Ore Dinary: Max Taylor, as a Steel Elementalist, can manipulate steel and make it into anything.
- Eyes of Gold: James Thales. It fits.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Max Taylor. He built and programmed XD-65535 himself, only using his powers to make the required parts.
- Hammer Space: Max Taylor. Justified, due to his abilities allowing him to make anything, usually weaponry, out of any metal, usually steel.
- Healing Hands: Doctor Professor Marcus has these.
- Insistent Terminology: Corvus is a Shadow Elementalist, not a demon.
- Jerk Ass: Doctor Professor Marcus Kudzu.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Soulfire, and anyone capable of using it.
- Kid With The Remote Control: Max Taylor.
- Kid with the Leash: Again, Max Taylor.
- Killer Robot: XD-65535, Max's robot. His priority is to keep Max alive and assist him in his mission objectives. If that requires obliterating an entire continent with a Macross Missile Massacre just to kill one corrupt politician, so be it.
- One-Hit KO: James's kicks can do this to most people.
- Ota Ku: Max Taylor
- Paper Master: Daigaku's secretary.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: James Thales.
- Your Days Are Numbered: James used to have a serious heart condition, and he'd be lucky to live to be thirty. He got better, but he can't remember how.