While snowman-making is one of the funnest activities of winter, it can also happen if an unfortunate person gets caught up in the snowball used for making the snowman. This will often be Played for Laughs
if the first character intentionally gets the other character stuck in the snowman as a cruel joke.
Expect this to show up in Comedy
Can overlap with: Human Snowball
- In a commercial for Campbell's Soup a snowman comes in from the cold and has a bowl of hot soup. He melts, showing that he's actually a kid who got caught out in a blizzard.
- In this Aldi's Christmas advert advertising Mince Pies, the snowman Sophie is building is implied have her brother inside when her father asks her where he is.
- The X-Men's Iceman originally manifested his ice powers on his body in a snowy way (rather than an icy way), making him look like an live snowman. He also threw snowballs at his enemies. In the very first issue of X-Men, he even made up a face with coal and a carrot as a joke.
Live Action TV
- Done by Death in Hogfather to catch the Auditors by surprise, though he wasn't strictly human to begin with.
- Played with in the Hogan's Heroes episode, "Everybody Loves a Snowman", in which Hogan and his men have to figure a way to smuggle out a downed flight crew while the Gestapo is in camp searching for them. They're temporarily relocated to a barrack that has no access to their tunnels, so the gang build a hollow snowman to hide the entrance of the new tunnel they're digging, though later, Schultz ends up catching a glimpse of one of the flyers slipping into the tunnel through the snowman.
- The ice spell in Final Fantasy Mystic Quest briefly makes its target (which may or may not be human) look like a snowman.
- In Kirby's Dream Land 3, the intro cutscene for level 5, Iceberg, has Gooey accidentally trapped in one of the snowballs that Kirby and friends are using to build a snowman. Gooey's eyes and tongue poke through the snow and startle the rest of the group.
- Also in Kirby 64, when you combine the bomb and ice powers, Kirby takes a bomb on his head and covers himself and the bomb up with a snowman.
- In Metal Slug 3 and 4, getting hit by a Yeti's ice breath will turn the character into a snowman, making them unable to move for some time and become a sitting duck for the Yeti's bone club.
- The World of Mana franchise has a frozen status that looks like this.
- In Mortal Kombat 3, Sub-Zero's finishing Friendship is him building a snowman around him.
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh:
- The episode "The Wishing Bear" had Pooh getting covered with a bunch of snow, which leads to him posing as a snowman that Piglet was trying to build.
- Another episode has Piglet running away and getting covered in snow. He crawls out from underneath, leaving a Piglet-shaped snowman that the others mistake for the actual Piglet and take inside. They become concerned when the snow Piglet melts into a puddle.
- Classic Disney Shorts:
- Happens to Donald Duck and his nephews in "Donald's Snow Fight". The nephews get covered in snow until they look like bowling pins, which Donald knocks down with a snow bowling ball. Donald gets not only snow but icicles dropped on him, making him look like a rhinoceros in a cage.
- In "Pluto's Christmas Tree", Pluto runs through a snowbank, and the snow he displaces is in the exact shape of himself, but with a longer body.
- Looney Tunes:
- One Pepe Le Pew cartoon has Pepe fall in the show and emerge as a snowskunk, saying that he was the Abominable Snowman.
- "Odor of the Day" stars a skunk similar to Pepe, who makes his entrance covered in snow.
- Played with in "Snow Time for Comedy", when a dog falls down a hill and becomes a Human Snowball, which then takes the form of a giant dog.
- At the beginning of the cartoon "Weasel While You Work", Foghorn Leghorn rolls the sleeping Barnyard Dawg up into a snowman.
- In the Tex Avery short "The Shooting of Dan McGoo", Wolfie enters a saloon as a living snowman. He then unzips the snow covering like it was a coat.
- In SpongeBob SquarePants, two kids were making a sandman (because there's no snow underwater) and sing to it to see if it would come to life like Frosty. Just then SpongeBob snowboards through and crashes into the sandman. As the kids watch the sandman slide downhill, they wonder if they sang the song wrong.
- Grouchy in The Smurfs: A Christmas Carol becomes a Smurf snowman due to a snowball fight. Earlier, Brainy becomes one when Grouchy slams his door and dumps snow off the roof of his house.
- Alvin, Simon and Theodore end up doing one of these on an episode of Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- In one of the Chucklewood Critters holiday specials, Buttons and Rusty do one of these with Buttons on top of Rusty.
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode, "Winter Wrap-Up", after Twilight Sparkle fails at ice-skating, she crashes into Spike and Pinkie Pie, and the three of them wind up forming one of these.
- In the Wander over Yonder episode, "The Little Guy", Wander, Sylvia and Wesley do this to hide from Lord Hater, with Wesley on top, Wander in the middle, and Sylvia on the bottom.
- A darker variant occurs in Robot Chicken. There were some children playing outside in the snow and building a snowman. When they're called inside to eat, one of the snowman's gloves falls off, revealing a presumably dead human hand.