Himaruya in his... battle gear?
This man was born on May 8, 1985, in Fukushima, Japan. He attended art college in New York, and his experiences there brought about the brainchild that is Axis Powers Hetalia
. He is the creator of other works as well, such as Chibisan Date
and Susume Kitakou Housoubu
.He is an alpaca.
Hidekaz Himaruya is associated with the following tropes:
- A Father to His Men: It seems he has the habit of spoiling his fans.
- All There in the Manual: His blog, Bamboo Thicket, is where a lot of extras like doodles or character designs go.
- Approval Of God: He's notably open with his fans regarding his work.
- Art Evolution: His art has become much less angular throughout the years. And his ears and hands aren't as big.
- Big Applesauce: He spent some time in New York as an art student. And those influences are evident in his works.
- Bilingual Bonus: He is very good at English, and seems to know Chinese as well.
- Cloudcuckoolander: You have to wonder where he comes up with stuff like the mochi comics.
- Or something like Axis Powers Hetalia to begin with. Whatever he drank in New York must have been awesome.
- Doing It for the Art: The guy's dedication to both his works and fanbase ought to count for something. That he's also pretty open to letting said fans have their way with his work may also count.
- Disappeared Dad: Was this during the Hetalia Bloodbath 2011. He didn't update anything for months, worrying his fans; thankfully, Hima was shown to be alright when the latest BIRZ magazine contained a message from Hima, stating that "From (now on) I plan to take a ruthless attack and do my best".
- Fan Nickname: Himapapa, among others. Most involving Japanese Honorifics or something to do with being a Troll.
- He's Back: The general reaction to both Volume 5 of Hetalia and Himaruya's "return."
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Most of his extra drawings/sketches/comics involve cats, not dogs.
- He also has three pet cats.
- A minor Memetic Mutation in some circles is using a Himalayan cat to represent him, due to some people sometimes mispelling his surname as "Himalaya".
- Nerd Glasses: He apparently wears them.
- One of Us: Notably a fan of When They Cry.
- And of South Park and Happy Tree Friends.
- He even drew Vocaloid fanart once.
- He also drew Italy in a Haruhi cosplay.
- Indeed it helps in really explaining why he's very open to (if not outright pandering or supporting) fandom and fanon.
- All but confirmed in this entry from his websitenote .
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: His pet bunny and tends to take pictures of bunnies. He even draws them in his own comics.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Not necessarily, but after the long gaps between updates during the 2010 Christmas Event, fans have dubbed him as this. ("Himaruya is late for EVERYTHING.")
- It even turned into a meme
- Noto-sama 6 and Noto-sama Final were planned for 2007. He made Noto-sama 6 in 2009, and was supposed to post the patch a few days later... It never came.
- Not to mention he has a bunch of unfinished sketches and comics; but he is human after all.
- As of the Hetalia Bloodbath 2011 , he took an unexpected absence for over seven months before he reappeared. Whether or not we will see a conclusion to the Christmas event is still unknown.
- Trolling Creator: So much so that many fans call him "Trollking Himaruya".
- He and Andrew Hussie are constantly compared due to how much they troll their fans.
- Yaoi Fanboy